Video: Panty-less Kathy Griffin Stripped on 'Letterman'
Kathy Griffin did not hesitate to shed her clothes for David Letterman. The 51-year-old decided to recreate the 2012 Times Square New Year's Eve moment with Anderson Cooper on "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, January 16 night.
Talking about the gig with Cooper, Griffin said, "You know, it went well for me. Every year I try to up the ante a little bit. I've done it for five years now and I've been fired four years in a row ...I didn't want to get fired. So this year I thought, 'What can I do to not get canned?' I thought it would be appropriate in Times Square to create a moment, so I took my clothes off. I didn't tell anyone, I didn't tell Anderson."
Griffin then told Letterman that she could do it for him at that moment. "I mean, David. I'll do it right now," she said before unzipping her one-shoulder dress with the assistance of a shocked Letterman. "Wow, oh my, oh buddy. We're gonna need some pliers," the host commented.
Griffin did not go full frontal on the strip because she admitted not wearing underwear to the show. "I didn't wear underwear because I didn't want a pantyline," Griffin said.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'