Video: Panty-less Kathy Griffin Stripped on 'Letterman'
Kathy Griffin did not hesitate to shed her clothes for David Letterman. The 51-year-old decided to recreate the 2012 Times Square New Year's Eve moment with Anderson Cooper on "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, January 16 night.
Talking about the gig with Cooper, Griffin said, "You know, it went well for me. Every year I try to up the ante a little bit. I've done it for five years now and I've been fired four years in a row ...I didn't want to get fired. So this year I thought, 'What can I do to not get canned?' I thought it would be appropriate in Times Square to create a moment, so I took my clothes off. I didn't tell anyone, I didn't tell Anderson."
Griffin then told Letterman that she could do it for him at that moment. "I mean, David. I'll do it right now," she said before unzipping her one-shoulder dress with the assistance of a shocked Letterman. "Wow, oh my, oh buddy. We're gonna need some pliers," the host commented.
Griffin did not go full frontal on the strip because she admitted not wearing underwear to the show. "I didn't wear underwear because I didn't want a pantyline," Griffin said.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo