Video: Panty-less Kathy Griffin Stripped on 'Letterman'
Kathy Griffin did not hesitate to shed her clothes for David Letterman. The 51-year-old decided to recreate the 2012 Times Square New Year's Eve moment with Anderson Cooper on "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, January 16 night.
Talking about the gig with Cooper, Griffin said, "You know, it went well for me. Every year I try to up the ante a little bit. I've done it for five years now and I've been fired four years in a row ...I didn't want to get fired. So this year I thought, 'What can I do to not get canned?' I thought it would be appropriate in Times Square to create a moment, so I took my clothes off. I didn't tell anyone, I didn't tell Anderson."
Griffin then told Letterman that she could do it for him at that moment. "I mean, David. I'll do it right now," she said before unzipping her one-shoulder dress with the assistance of a shocked Letterman. "Wow, oh my, oh buddy. We're gonna need some pliers," the host commented.
Griffin did not go full frontal on the strip because she admitted not wearing underwear to the show. "I didn't wear underwear because I didn't want a pantyline," Griffin said.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance