Video: Panty-less Kathy Griffin Stripped on 'Letterman'
Kathy Griffin did not hesitate to shed her clothes for David Letterman. The 51-year-old decided to recreate the 2012 Times Square New Year's Eve moment with Anderson Cooper on "Late Show with David Letterman" on Thursday, January 16 night.
Talking about the gig with Cooper, Griffin said, "You know, it went well for me. Every year I try to up the ante a little bit. I've done it for five years now and I've been fired four years in a row ...I didn't want to get fired. So this year I thought, 'What can I do to not get canned?' I thought it would be appropriate in Times Square to create a moment, so I took my clothes off. I didn't tell anyone, I didn't tell Anderson."
Griffin then told Letterman that she could do it for him at that moment. "I mean, David. I'll do it right now," she said before unzipping her one-shoulder dress with the assistance of a shocked Letterman. "Wow, oh my, oh buddy. We're gonna need some pliers," the host commented.
Griffin did not go full frontal on the strip because she admitted not wearing underwear to the show. "I didn't wear underwear because I didn't want a pantyline," Griffin said.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama