Johnny Depp Named America's Most Favorite Actor for the Second Year
Johnny Depp has proven that he is the most beloved film star in the U.S. The Kentucky-born thesp has topped the list of America's Most Favorite actors for the second consecutive year. The result is based on The Harris Interactive which surveyed 2,237 adults online between December 5 and December 12, 2011.
The "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" actor has beaten Clint Eastwood and Denzel Washington, who were tied for the runner-up place despite the fact that both of them were not seen starring in a movie in 2011. According to the poll, Depp appealed to mostly females, Republicans, Independents, Baby Boomers, Gen Xers and Americans who live in the East, West and Midwest.
Eastwood, who landed on the ninth place last year, was favored by men and Southerns. Meanwhile, Washington appealed to mostly Moderates. People over the age of 66 preferred "The Descendants" star George Clooney, who secured the sixth place on the list, as their most favorite actor.
Other actors who have made it on the list include Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford and John Wayne. Sandra Bullock, meanwhile, was the only female star who was included in the top ten list.
Funnymen Will Smith and Adam Sandler returned to the chart after two years of absence. They forced A-list actresses Angelina Jolie and Julia Roberts, who secured the fifth and sixth places last year, to drop out of the top ten list this year.
Top 10 America's Most Favorite Actors:
1. Johnny Depp
2. Clint Eastwood (tie)
2. Denzel Washington (tie)
4. Tom Hanks
5. John Wayne
6. George Clooney
7. Sandra Bullock
8. Harrison Ford
9. Will Smith
10. Adam Sandler
More Johnny Depp News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce