Common Loves Drake's Song, Calls Their Feud 'the Art of Rhyming'
Though calling Drake "amateur" and "Canada Dry," Common respects him. The "Ghetto Dreams" rhymer recently told Rolling Stone that regardless of what he said in his diss song, he actually likes the music recorded by the Young Money MC.
"I think he makes good music," Common said of Drizzy. The G.O.O.D Music artist continued to praise his opponent, "He's definitely said some real clever things and made some cool songs." He summed up his compliment by stating, "I like his music."
So, why did he call out Drizzy? "I don't think I had anything to prove," Common stated. "I just felt like somebody stepped and challenged me, so I had to step into the ring. He said some things that I thought were directed at me, so I had to address it back."
"I feel like I said what I had to say, and I'm just going to let it be at that point," he continued before adding, "Now, if something else happens, then I'll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record."
Explaining why it took him only a few days from throwing a fiery attack on Drizzy to leave it all behind, Common said, "It's nothing like, 'Oh man, it's so personal'." He elaborated, "It's just the art of rhyming, man. The art of rhyming!"
Common and Drake caused buzz when they mocked each other in their songs. The quarrel began after the former reportedly dissed the latter in a song called "Sweet". Drizzy then spoke up in Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin' " that's later remixed by Common to fire back at the "Marvin's Room" crooner.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked