Common Loves Drake's Song, Calls Their Feud 'the Art of Rhyming'
Though calling Drake "amateur" and "Canada Dry," Common respects him. The "Ghetto Dreams" rhymer recently told Rolling Stone that regardless of what he said in his diss song, he actually likes the music recorded by the Young Money MC.
"I think he makes good music," Common said of Drizzy. The G.O.O.D Music artist continued to praise his opponent, "He's definitely said some real clever things and made some cool songs." He summed up his compliment by stating, "I like his music."
So, why did he call out Drizzy? "I don't think I had anything to prove," Common stated. "I just felt like somebody stepped and challenged me, so I had to step into the ring. He said some things that I thought were directed at me, so I had to address it back."
"I feel like I said what I had to say, and I'm just going to let it be at that point," he continued before adding, "Now, if something else happens, then I'll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record."
Explaining why it took him only a few days from throwing a fiery attack on Drizzy to leave it all behind, Common said, "It's nothing like, 'Oh man, it's so personal'." He elaborated, "It's just the art of rhyming, man. The art of rhyming!"
Common and Drake caused buzz when they mocked each other in their songs. The quarrel began after the former reportedly dissed the latter in a song called "Sweet". Drizzy then spoke up in Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin' " that's later remixed by Common to fire back at the "Marvin's Room" crooner.
More Common News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary