Common Loves Drake's Song, Calls Their Feud 'the Art of Rhyming'
Though calling Drake "amateur" and "Canada Dry," Common respects him. The "Ghetto Dreams" rhymer recently told Rolling Stone that regardless of what he said in his diss song, he actually likes the music recorded by the Young Money MC.
"I think he makes good music," Common said of Drizzy. The G.O.O.D Music artist continued to praise his opponent, "He's definitely said some real clever things and made some cool songs." He summed up his compliment by stating, "I like his music."
So, why did he call out Drizzy? "I don't think I had anything to prove," Common stated. "I just felt like somebody stepped and challenged me, so I had to step into the ring. He said some things that I thought were directed at me, so I had to address it back."
"I feel like I said what I had to say, and I'm just going to let it be at that point," he continued before adding, "Now, if something else happens, then I'll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record."
Explaining why it took him only a few days from throwing a fiery attack on Drizzy to leave it all behind, Common said, "It's nothing like, 'Oh man, it's so personal'." He elaborated, "It's just the art of rhyming, man. The art of rhyming!"
Common and Drake caused buzz when they mocked each other in their songs. The quarrel began after the former reportedly dissed the latter in a song called "Sweet". Drizzy then spoke up in Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin' " that's later remixed by Common to fire back at the "Marvin's Room" crooner.
More Common News
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video