Common Loves Drake's Song, Calls Their Feud 'the Art of Rhyming'
Though calling Drake "amateur" and "Canada Dry," Common respects him. The "Ghetto Dreams" rhymer recently told Rolling Stone that regardless of what he said in his diss song, he actually likes the music recorded by the Young Money MC.
"I think he makes good music," Common said of Drizzy. The G.O.O.D Music artist continued to praise his opponent, "He's definitely said some real clever things and made some cool songs." He summed up his compliment by stating, "I like his music."
So, why did he call out Drizzy? "I don't think I had anything to prove," Common stated. "I just felt like somebody stepped and challenged me, so I had to step into the ring. He said some things that I thought were directed at me, so I had to address it back."
"I feel like I said what I had to say, and I'm just going to let it be at that point," he continued before adding, "Now, if something else happens, then I'll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record."
Explaining why it took him only a few days from throwing a fiery attack on Drizzy to leave it all behind, Common said, "It's nothing like, 'Oh man, it's so personal'." He elaborated, "It's just the art of rhyming, man. The art of rhyming!"
Common and Drake caused buzz when they mocked each other in their songs. The quarrel began after the former reportedly dissed the latter in a song called "Sweet". Drizzy then spoke up in Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin' " that's later remixed by Common to fire back at the "Marvin's Room" crooner.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage