Common Loves Drake's Song, Calls Their Feud 'the Art of Rhyming'
Though calling Drake "amateur" and "Canada Dry," Common respects him. The "Ghetto Dreams" rhymer recently told Rolling Stone that regardless of what he said in his diss song, he actually likes the music recorded by the Young Money MC.
"I think he makes good music," Common said of Drizzy. The G.O.O.D Music artist continued to praise his opponent, "He's definitely said some real clever things and made some cool songs." He summed up his compliment by stating, "I like his music."
So, why did he call out Drizzy? "I don't think I had anything to prove," Common stated. "I just felt like somebody stepped and challenged me, so I had to step into the ring. He said some things that I thought were directed at me, so I had to address it back."
"I feel like I said what I had to say, and I'm just going to let it be at that point," he continued before adding, "Now, if something else happens, then I'll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record."
Explaining why it took him only a few days from throwing a fiery attack on Drizzy to leave it all behind, Common said, "It's nothing like, 'Oh man, it's so personal'." He elaborated, "It's just the art of rhyming, man. The art of rhyming!"
Common and Drake caused buzz when they mocked each other in their songs. The quarrel began after the former reportedly dissed the latter in a song called "Sweet". Drizzy then spoke up in Rick Ross' "Stay Schemin' " that's later remixed by Common to fire back at the "Marvin's Room" crooner.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie