'Bachelor' Contestant Brittney on Her Exit: I Wasn't as Excited as the Other Girls
Brittney Schreiner left people wondering when she abruptly left "The Bachelor" just when she was about to have a one-on-one date with Ben Flajnik in last episode. In a press call on Thursday, January 19, the 26-year-old girl finally opened up about her decision to quit the show.
"I think because my heart wasn't in it, I wasn't as excited as the other girls and I wasn't being as aggressive," Brittney admitted. She said that she started realizing it "right after the second Rose Ceremony," but claimed that "it was a hard decision" to make. She went on defending her move, "It was a completely selfless act, but I wanted the best for Ben."
Asked why she didn't give a shot at the one-on-one date to see if she and Ben had a connection, Brittney explained, "You know, I thought about that and that is exactly why I was torn in the process.... But there was something that just didn't feel right and my heart wasn't in it and I wanted to be upfront with Ben."
"I wanted to be honest that I didn't think we were connecting on that level and I could've gone, but I didn't want to take that opportunity away from one of the girls that was connecting with Ben. So I just thought I could do a very selfless act and make the harder decision and let him continue on with his search with someone that he was obviously connecting with."
During the conference call, Brittney also denied that she voluntarily left because she was afraid to get eliminated in the Rose Ceremony. "There's not any truth behind that speculation," the sales rep stated. "I don't mind getting dumped. It's happened before. If I liked -- if I wanted to pursue something and I wanted to go further with a guy, then I think it's worth trying."
She went on stressing, "I just knew that my heart wasn't in it, so I just kind of didn't want to waste anybody's time." On whether or not there's any of the girls who influenced her in making the decision to leave, she said, "They really didn't... When I made my decision, it was just for us [her and Ben] and not the girls. "
Despite admitting that being on "The Bachelor" brings out a lot of emotions, Brittney would love to do the show again for a different guy. "If I was given the opportunity, I would," she said, before revealing that she is "really drawn" to Brad Womack from last season's "Bachelor". "I think there's just something there that I'm drawn to, so he would have to be my only pick as of now," she said.
More The Bachelor News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?