Lady GaGa, 'Glee', 'J. Edgar' Up for 23rd GLAAD Media Awards
Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation announced the nominees for the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Thursday, January 19. Once again Lady GaGa is up for Outstanding Music Artist after winning the same title in the 2010 presentation. She is now competing against Beverly McClellan, Girl in a Coma, Hunx and His Punx, and MEN.
"Glee" is again nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series along with "Modern Family". The musical series won the prize in 2010 but "Family" stole it the next year. They will duke it out against "The Big C", "Happy Endings" and "Exes and Ohs".
In Outstanding Film - Wide Release category, "J. Edgar" is listed against only two others, "Beginners" and "Albert Nobbs". In the meantime, HBO's "Cinema Verite" stands solo as the contender of Outstanding TV Movie or Mini-Series.
"As media continue to tell new stories about LGBT people and families, a majority of Americans now support full equality of LGBT Americans," Mike Thompson, GLAAD's acting president, said in a statement about this year's nominees.
"This year's nominees enlighten and entertain, while spotlighting the diversity of our community. Audiences expect to see their own worlds reflected in media, and today more than ever, those include the lives of LGBT people. Viewers know that LGBT characters and stories are simply natural extensions of, and glimpses into, their own experiences from across America."
The ceremony will be held on March 24 in New York, April 21 in Los Angeles and June 2 in San Francisco. The complete list of nominees is available on GLAAD.org.
More Lady GaGa News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert