'Spartacus: Vengeance' Cast Dish On New Season at Premiere Party
"Spartacus: Vengeance" stars stepped out on Wednesday, January 18 to celebrate the impending premiere of the show. Putting on their formal outfits, the show's actors and actresses attended the event which took place at the ArcLight Cinemas in Los Angeles, California, where they also gave some tidbits from the new chapter.
The new Spartacus depicter, Liam McIntyre, boasted that he almost set co-star Manu Bennett on fire during the filming of a scene. Bennett chimed in, "He's always doing something like that. Whether it be fictional or real! No, it was a scene with a catapult and it involved a fireball," while creator Steven DeKnight gushed that it's a really important scene.
Clad in a simple green dress, Lucy Lawless opted to talk about how to keep in shape for her nude scenes on the Starz series. She said that she exercises three times a week, but "if somebody gains a few pounds," the crew will do some rework on the image of the said actor/actress during the post production. "If you've got scars, they airbrush them out. I'm loving the modern world," she enthused.
Also talking about doing naked scenes, Katrina Law shared that the people behind the show take the scenes very thoroughly. "They light you well, they pose you well, they do all this stuff with makeup and lighting and editing," she explained. "They really protect the actors on this show. If there is a bad angle, I know I really did something to piss someone off."
As for Craig Parker who has just had his first nude scene on the show, he claimed, "Watching all the other actors for the past two seasons - these wonderful, wonderful actors take their gear off and do it magnificently and look so beautiful, there is no fear."
Nick Tarabay, meanwhile, was willing to share details on the characters in general. "Whatever you think you know about 'Spartacus' or the characters of 'Spartacus', forget it," the Ashur depicter stated.
"Forget about what you saw. You're not going to hear about this from anyone else. The people that you love, you're going to hate. The people that you hate, you're going to love. And just when you think you've got it figured out, it changes again," he went on teasing.
"Spartacus: Vengeance" will premiere Friday, January 27 at 10 P.M. on Starz. The story takes place several weeks after the end of the first season, where Spartacus led a rampage at the House of Batiatus. In the new chapter, Capua is in an uproar and the gladiators are on the run.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri