Big Screen Take on 'Bone' Comic in the Works With P.J. Hogan as Director
A big screen take on Jeff Smith's comic series, "Bone", is currently being developed at Warner Bros. Pictures. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film project has already tapped Australian top filmmaker P.J. Hogan as the director.
Hogan reportedly plans to direct the film in Australia because it is the home of Animal Logic, the animation house behind "Happy Feet Two" and "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole". The filmmaker will also polish the screenplay, which will be written by Patrick Sean Smith.
"Bone" centers on the adventures of three cousins from the Bone family. Running away from home, the trio find themselves separated and hunted by other creatures in a mysterious valley. After being saved by a girl named Thorn and her grandmother, they discover that the valley is ruled and threatened by evil force called the Lord of the Locusts.
The comic series was issued from 1991 to 2004. It was later being rediscovered by a new generation, who transformed them into the graphic novel format and sold million copies of the comics.
As for Hogan, the filmmaker is known for writing and directing 1994's "Muriel's Wedding" and 2003's "Peter Pan". He also worked behind the lens for Julia Roberts' romantic comedy "My Best Friend's Wedding" in 1997, and Isla Fischer's "Confessions of a Shopaholic" in 2009.
More Bone News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri