'Green Arrow', 'SATC' Prequel and 'Beauty and the Beast' Get Pilot Orders
The CW is moving forward with three of its forthcoming projects. The network has given pilot orders to a Green Arrow show, a "Sex and the City" prequel, and a "Beauty and the Beast" reboot.
Tentatively called "Arrow", the superhero show is a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics' character Green Arrow. "Green Lantern" co-writers, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, as well as Andrew Kreisberg ("Warehouse 13") write and executive produce the pilot, while David Nutter is expected to direct.
The "SATC" prequel, "The Carrie Diaries", is based on Candace Bushnell's novel of the same title. It follows Carrie Bradshaw in her younger ages, when she asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan. Amy Harris ("Gossip Girl") writes the script and serves as exec. producer along with Bushnell, Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein.
As for "Beauty and the Beast", it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The project, which is loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, has a script written by Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper who also executive produce along with Ron Koslow, Paul Junger Witt, C. Anthony Thomas and Bill Haber.
Prior to ordering pilot for these three projects, The CW gave a greenlight to a pilot for new mystery drama "Cult".
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities