'Green Arrow', 'SATC' Prequel and 'Beauty and the Beast' Get Pilot Orders
The CW is moving forward with three of its forthcoming projects. The network has given pilot orders to a Green Arrow show, a "Sex and the City" prequel, and a "Beauty and the Beast" reboot.
Tentatively called "Arrow", the superhero show is a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics' character Green Arrow. "Green Lantern" co-writers, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, as well as Andrew Kreisberg ("Warehouse 13") write and executive produce the pilot, while David Nutter is expected to direct.
The "SATC" prequel, "The Carrie Diaries", is based on Candace Bushnell's novel of the same title. It follows Carrie Bradshaw in her younger ages, when she asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan. Amy Harris ("Gossip Girl") writes the script and serves as exec. producer along with Bushnell, Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein.
As for "Beauty and the Beast", it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The project, which is loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, has a script written by Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper who also executive produce along with Ron Koslow, Paul Junger Witt, C. Anthony Thomas and Bill Haber.
Prior to ordering pilot for these three projects, The CW gave a greenlight to a pilot for new mystery drama "Cult".
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4