'Green Arrow', 'SATC' Prequel and 'Beauty and the Beast' Get Pilot Orders
The CW is moving forward with three of its forthcoming projects. The network has given pilot orders to a Green Arrow show, a "Sex and the City" prequel, and a "Beauty and the Beast" reboot.
Tentatively called "Arrow", the superhero show is a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics' character Green Arrow. "Green Lantern" co-writers, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, as well as Andrew Kreisberg ("Warehouse 13") write and executive produce the pilot, while David Nutter is expected to direct.
The "SATC" prequel, "The Carrie Diaries", is based on Candace Bushnell's novel of the same title. It follows Carrie Bradshaw in her younger ages, when she asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan. Amy Harris ("Gossip Girl") writes the script and serves as exec. producer along with Bushnell, Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein.
As for "Beauty and the Beast", it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The project, which is loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, has a script written by Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper who also executive produce along with Ron Koslow, Paul Junger Witt, C. Anthony Thomas and Bill Haber.
Prior to ordering pilot for these three projects, The CW gave a greenlight to a pilot for new mystery drama "Cult".
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism