Jay-Z Makes First Post-Baby Appearance at Club Re-Opening
Jay-Z has made his first public outing since he and wife Beyonce Knowles welcomed their baby daughter in early January. On Wednesday, January 18 night, the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker stepped out in his best suit for the grand reopening of his 40/40 club in New York City.
While it was speculated earlier that Queen Bey might also be present, the 42-year-old music mogul arrived solo shortly before 11 P.M. Though so, he enjoyed the company of Ashanti, Questlove, Wale, Russell Simmons, director Spike Lee and billionaire Warren Buffett, who were spotted among the guests.
As he walked down the red carpet, Jigga received congratulations for the birth of baby Blue Ivy. Obviously still having new father bliss, he said "Thank you" with a grin across his face. E! Online additionally reported that during the bash, the Grammy winner proudly showed pictures on his phone to a friend.
Jigga welcomed his first child with Queen Bey on Saturday, January 7. Days afterward, words came out that the MC vows to exclude the word "b***h" from any of his songs in a heartfelt poem dedicated to the newborn. "I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it," part of it read. The claim was quick to be denied though.
More Jay-Z News
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'