First Trailer for Keanu Reeves' Doc 'Side by Side' Packed With Top Filmmakers
Keanu Reeves' moviemaking documentary "Side by Side" gets its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. The video offers a look at Reeves as he interviews several big names in film industry. Among those master filmmakers who are featured in the trailer are George Lucas, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan, Steven Soderbergh, David Lynch and Martin Scorsese.
The trailer highlights the discussion among the A-list moviemakers regarding the film vs. digital debate. Cameron points out, "You can't shoot 3D on film, so film has been dead in my heart for ten years." Meanwhile, "The Dark Knight" acclaimed cinematographer, Wally Pfister, chimes in, "I hate 3D. I put on those 3D glasses, I get sick to my stomach. The whole 3D phenomenon, it's a marketing scheme, isn't it?"
Lynch, Lucas, Nolan and Soderbergh also share their opinions regarding the issue. Meanwhile, New Yorker filmmaker Lena Dunham shows her support to digital video. "Without digital video culture I don't think I would ever have been making movies because...basically in my head I was, like, 'You've got to be a dude who knows how to operate machines to do this job'," she says.
On the other hand, Scorsese has a different perspective on the debate. The director who receives praises for his 3D work in "Hugo" wisely explains, "The issue, it's different. How is it different, and how do use it to tell a story? It's up to the filmmaker."
Keanu Reeves produces the documentary along with Justin Szlasa, while Christopher Kenneally serves behind the lens. The movie will be premiered during the Special Section at the 2012 Berlin International Film Festival.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'