Bruce Springsteen Releases 'Wrecking Ball' Tracklisting and New Single
Song selection for Bruce Springsteen's upcoming studio album has been unveiled. According to a listing on iTunes, the new CD titled "Wrecking Ball" will contain eleven songs and two bonus tracks. It includes "Wrecking Ball", "Land of Hope and Dreams" and "American Land", which have all previously been showcased live in concerts.
The first single from the album is "We Take Care of Our Own", which is available for digital download beginning January 19. "Where are the eyes, the eyes with the will to see/ Where are the hearts that run over with mercy/ Where's the love that has not forsaken me/ Where's the work that will set my hands, my soul free," Bruce sings over the moderately-uptempo beat.
"Wrecking Ball" itself is going to hit the market in the United States on March 6. The album is described as an ambitious "big-picture piece of work." Bruce's manager Jon Landau told Rolling Stones, "It's a rock record that combines elements of both Bruce's classic sound and his Seeger Sessions experience, with new textures and styles."
The content will have "unexpected textures - loops, electronic percussion... influences and rhythms from hip-hop to Irish folk rhythms," according to The Hollywood Reporter. It will also have "social overtones" and "very pronounced spiritual dimension." In short, "[Bruce] gets into economic justice quite a bit. He feels it's the angriest album he's ever made."
Bruce works with producer Ron Aniello, and teams up with members of The E Street Band as well as Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello. "It was an experimental effort with a new producer," it's explained. "Bruce and Ron used a wide variety of players to create something that both rocks and is very fresh."
The album release will soon be followed by a tour, which will be Bruce's first trek since E Street Band's Clarence Clemons passed away last summer. The gig will kick off May 13 and wrap up July 28. On top of that, the Boss is confirmed to give a keynote speech during the music part of the upcoming South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, which runs from March 9 to 18.
"Wrecking Ball" Tracklisting:
- "We Take Care of Our Own"
- "Easy Money"
- "Shackled and Down"
- "Jack of All Trades"
- "Death to My Hometown
- "This Depression"
- "Wrecking Ball"
- "You've Got It"
- "Rocky Ground"
- "Land of Hope and Dreams"
- "We Are Alive"
- "Swallowed Up" (Bonus Track)
- "American Land" (Bonus Track)
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake