Chuck Norris Reportedly Forces 'Expendables II' to Get PG-13 Rating
"The Expendables II" might get a PG-13 rating from the MPAA, thanks to Chuck Norris. Rumor has it, the 71-year-old martial artist has forced the producers of the anticipated action film to cut the rating from R to PG-13 since he doesn't want to play in a movie which is filled with foul language.
"In 'Expendables II', there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay," the veteran actor said in a recent interview with Polish site Gazeta, as translated by Arrow in the Head. "For this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But I don't play in movies like this."
The actor, who is also the author of several Christian-themed books, went on explaining, "Due to that I said I won't be a part of that ['Expendables II'] if the hardcore language is not erased." He added, "Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13."
Norris is one of the new cast members for "Expendables II". He joins the other newly cast actors like Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scott Adkins and Liam Hemsworth, as well as the returning cast members like Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture.
In the forthcoming film, "The Expendables" gang are reunited as Mr. Church enlists them to take on a seemingly simple job. The task looks like an easy paycheck for Barney and co. However, when things go wrong and one of the gang is viciously killed, the Expendables are compelled to seek revenge in hostile territory where the odds are stacked against them.
Simon West tackles the helming duty with Stallone co-writing the script along with David Agosto, Ken Kaufman and Richard Wenk. The high-octane action movie is being scheduled to hit theaters across the U.S. on August 17.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences