Naomie Harris Denies She Will Be Playing Miss Moneypenny in 'Skyfall'
"Skyfall" will likely not feature Miss Moneypenny after all. While it has been rumored that Naomie Harris' character, Eve, is an alias for Moneypenny, the actress herself recently slammed the report by claiming that she will not be playing M's secretary.
The Tia Dalma in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End" told Live magazine, "The idea of me being Moneypenny was a good, racy rumor. But Eve is not remotely office-bound. She gets to see plenty of action. That meant a lot of gun training." She added that she has never even been in talks to play the iconic female role.
Harris went on sharing about what attracted her to star in the twenty-third James Bond movie. "What drew me to this was the opportunity to play a new kind of Bond Girl," she admitted. "I wouldn't go as far as to say that we're going for a feminist take on the Bond Girl, because that has so many connotations to different people. But I would say that we are Bond Girls who are multi-faceted, intelligent and capable."
In "Skyfall", Daniel Craig reprises his role as the flamboyant British agent. This time, his loyalty to M must be tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, Bond must track down and destroy the threat no matter how personal the cost is.
Being scheduled to hit theaters in the U.S. on November 9, "Skyfall" is currently still in the production stage. It has been reported that the anticipated 007 film is currently shooting in Bognor Regis after scrapping plans to take principal photography in exotic locations like Bali, India and China. According to Mirror, the decision was taken due to budgetary issue and "technical and financial problems."
Serving as the helmer is Sam Mendes with John Logan, Robert Wade and Neal Purvis penning the script. Also supporting the much awaited Bond film are Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Berenice Marlohe, Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney, Ben Whishaw and Ola Rapace.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed