Blake Shelton Delays Concerts After Dad's Passing
Sad news came from country singer Blake Shelton whose father, Dick, passed away on Wednesday, January 18. "Mr. Shelton, who was in declining health this past year, was surrounded by loved ones in Oklahoma upon his passing this evening," a representative for the 35-year-old singer said in a statement.
Blake also announced that he plans to reschedule four dates through next week in his Well Lit & Amplified tour. The affected dates in his tour are Bismark, N.D., Rapid City, S.D., Bozeman, Mont. and Billings, Mont. They would be rescheduled to late March. Meanwhile, his tour resumes next Thursday in Columbus, Ga.
Blake wrote on his website, "I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and thank you for all your prayers. Your support means the world to me. I love you guys."
Dick Shelton was hospitalized with pneumonia in early December but his health has been declining over the year. Blake flew back home to Oklahoma right after the 2011 American Country Awards where he name-dropped his father during acceptance speech.
More Blake Shelton News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce