Blake Shelton Delays Concerts After Dad's Passing
Sad news came from country singer Blake Shelton whose father, Dick, passed away on Wednesday, January 18. "Mr. Shelton, who was in declining health this past year, was surrounded by loved ones in Oklahoma upon his passing this evening," a representative for the 35-year-old singer said in a statement.
Blake also announced that he plans to reschedule four dates through next week in his Well Lit & Amplified tour. The affected dates in his tour are Bismark, N.D., Rapid City, S.D., Bozeman, Mont. and Billings, Mont. They would be rescheduled to late March. Meanwhile, his tour resumes next Thursday in Columbus, Ga.
Blake wrote on his website, "I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and thank you for all your prayers. Your support means the world to me. I love you guys."
Dick Shelton was hospitalized with pneumonia in early December but his health has been declining over the year. Blake flew back home to Oklahoma right after the 2011 American Country Awards where he name-dropped his father during acceptance speech.
More Blake Shelton News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen