Blake Shelton Delays Concerts After Dad's Passing
Sad news came from country singer Blake Shelton whose father, Dick, passed away on Wednesday, January 18. "Mr. Shelton, who was in declining health this past year, was surrounded by loved ones in Oklahoma upon his passing this evening," a representative for the 35-year-old singer said in a statement.
Blake also announced that he plans to reschedule four dates through next week in his Well Lit & Amplified tour. The affected dates in his tour are Bismark, N.D., Rapid City, S.D., Bozeman, Mont. and Billings, Mont. They would be rescheduled to late March. Meanwhile, his tour resumes next Thursday in Columbus, Ga.
Blake wrote on his website, "I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and thank you for all your prayers. Your support means the world to me. I love you guys."
Dick Shelton was hospitalized with pneumonia in early December but his health has been declining over the year. Blake flew back home to Oklahoma right after the 2011 American Country Awards where he name-dropped his father during acceptance speech.
More Blake Shelton News
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series