Blake Shelton Delays Concerts After Dad's Passing
Sad news came from country singer Blake Shelton whose father, Dick, passed away on Wednesday, January 18. "Mr. Shelton, who was in declining health this past year, was surrounded by loved ones in Oklahoma upon his passing this evening," a representative for the 35-year-old singer said in a statement.
Blake also announced that he plans to reschedule four dates through next week in his Well Lit & Amplified tour. The affected dates in his tour are Bismark, N.D., Rapid City, S.D., Bozeman, Mont. and Billings, Mont. They would be rescheduled to late March. Meanwhile, his tour resumes next Thursday in Columbus, Ga.
Blake wrote on his website, "I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and thank you for all your prayers. Your support means the world to me. I love you guys."
Dick Shelton was hospitalized with pneumonia in early December but his health has been declining over the year. Blake flew back home to Oklahoma right after the 2011 American Country Awards where he name-dropped his father during acceptance speech.
More Blake Shelton News
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'