Blake Shelton Delays Concerts After Dad's Passing
Sad news came from country singer Blake Shelton whose father, Dick, passed away on Wednesday, January 18. "Mr. Shelton, who was in declining health this past year, was surrounded by loved ones in Oklahoma upon his passing this evening," a representative for the 35-year-old singer said in a statement.
Blake also announced that he plans to reschedule four dates through next week in his Well Lit & Amplified tour. The affected dates in his tour are Bismark, N.D., Rapid City, S.D., Bozeman, Mont. and Billings, Mont. They would be rescheduled to late March. Meanwhile, his tour resumes next Thursday in Columbus, Ga.
Blake wrote on his website, "I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time and thank you for all your prayers. Your support means the world to me. I love you guys."
Dick Shelton was hospitalized with pneumonia in early December but his health has been declining over the year. Blake flew back home to Oklahoma right after the 2011 American Country Awards where he name-dropped his father during acceptance speech.
More Blake Shelton News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'