'Gossip Girl' Star Aaron Tveit Cast as Rebellion Leader Enjolras in 'Les Miserables'
"Les Miserables" has added more actor in its cast ensemble. After Amanda Seyfried is confirmed to play Fantine's daughter Cosette, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that "Gossip Girl" star Aaron Tveit is now cast as Enjolras.
Tveit, who is known for playing Trip van der Bilt on the CW hit series, has been tapped to play the leader of a student rebellion movement on the streets of Paris. He is also the one who orders the execution of Russell Crowe's Inspector Javert.
The actor, who will be seen starring opposite Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "Premium Rush", is set to join Hugh Jackman who will play male lead Jean Valjean, Anne Hathaway who will star as Fantine, and Eddie Redmayne who will tackle the part of baron Marius Pontmercy.
It has been said that Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter have been eyed to star as villainous Monsieur and Madame Thenardier. Meanwhile, Taylor Swift has also been offered to portray Eponine. However, the official announcement of their castings has yet to come in.
"Les Miserables" follows the struggle by ex-con Valjean to outrun his past and his relentless pursuer Javert. Serving behind the lens for the much awaited musical is Oscar-winning director Tom Hooper. William Nicholson pens the screenplay based on the Victor Hugo classic novel. The film is scheduled to make its way out in the U.S. theaters on December 7.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie