'The X Factor' Third-Place Finisher Chris Rene Signed to Epic
Santa Cruz-born Chris Rene, who finished third on the first season of "The X Factor (US)", has found a home to release his debut album. The "Young Homie" singer has just inked a deal with Epic Records, so it's confirmed by EW.
"I've dreamt about this moment my whole life," Rene said. "And now it's here. Working with L.A. Reid - 'Big Homie' - is a dream come true." He continued to praise the label boss, who mentored him during the bootcamp, "He's a great man."
Rene was axed from the "X Factor" halfway through final round. "I feel amazing that I got to do this, that I'm here and that God has blessed me with so many opportunities. I got to touch a lot of people's hearts out there and I just have to say thank you," he said back then.
His elimination left Melanie Amaro and Josh Krajcik to battle for the winner title. The crown eventually went to Amaro, who was automatically entitled to a recording contract worth $5 million. Like the second runner-up, she has also been signed to Reid's label.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off