'The X Factor' Third-Place Finisher Chris Rene Signed to Epic
Santa Cruz-born Chris Rene, who finished third on the first season of "The X Factor (US)", has found a home to release his debut album. The "Young Homie" singer has just inked a deal with Epic Records, so it's confirmed by EW.
"I've dreamt about this moment my whole life," Rene said. "And now it's here. Working with L.A. Reid - 'Big Homie' - is a dream come true." He continued to praise the label boss, who mentored him during the bootcamp, "He's a great man."
Rene was axed from the "X Factor" halfway through final round. "I feel amazing that I got to do this, that I'm here and that God has blessed me with so many opportunities. I got to touch a lot of people's hearts out there and I just have to say thank you," he said back then.
His elimination left Melanie Amaro and Josh Krajcik to battle for the winner title. The crown eventually went to Amaro, who was automatically entitled to a recording contract worth $5 million. Like the second runner-up, she has also been signed to Reid's label.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers