'The X Factor' Third-Place Finisher Chris Rene Signed to Epic
Santa Cruz-born Chris Rene, who finished third on the first season of "The X Factor (US)", has found a home to release his debut album. The "Young Homie" singer has just inked a deal with Epic Records, so it's confirmed by EW.
"I've dreamt about this moment my whole life," Rene said. "And now it's here. Working with L.A. Reid - 'Big Homie' - is a dream come true." He continued to praise the label boss, who mentored him during the bootcamp, "He's a great man."
Rene was axed from the "X Factor" halfway through final round. "I feel amazing that I got to do this, that I'm here and that God has blessed me with so many opportunities. I got to touch a lot of people's hearts out there and I just have to say thank you," he said back then.
His elimination left Melanie Amaro and Josh Krajcik to battle for the winner title. The crown eventually went to Amaro, who was automatically entitled to a recording contract worth $5 million. Like the second runner-up, she has also been signed to Reid's label.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die