'The X Factor' Third-Place Finisher Chris Rene Signed to Epic
Santa Cruz-born Chris Rene, who finished third on the first season of "The X Factor (US)", has found a home to release his debut album. The "Young Homie" singer has just inked a deal with Epic Records, so it's confirmed by EW.
"I've dreamt about this moment my whole life," Rene said. "And now it's here. Working with L.A. Reid - 'Big Homie' - is a dream come true." He continued to praise the label boss, who mentored him during the bootcamp, "He's a great man."
Rene was axed from the "X Factor" halfway through final round. "I feel amazing that I got to do this, that I'm here and that God has blessed me with so many opportunities. I got to touch a lot of people's hearts out there and I just have to say thank you," he said back then.
His elimination left Melanie Amaro and Josh Krajcik to battle for the winner title. The crown eventually went to Amaro, who was automatically entitled to a recording contract worth $5 million. Like the second runner-up, she has also been signed to Reid's label.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic