'The X Factor' Third-Place Finisher Chris Rene Signed to Epic
Santa Cruz-born Chris Rene, who finished third on the first season of "The X Factor (US)", has found a home to release his debut album. The "Young Homie" singer has just inked a deal with Epic Records, so it's confirmed by EW.
"I've dreamt about this moment my whole life," Rene said. "And now it's here. Working with L.A. Reid - 'Big Homie' - is a dream come true." He continued to praise the label boss, who mentored him during the bootcamp, "He's a great man."
Rene was axed from the "X Factor" halfway through final round. "I feel amazing that I got to do this, that I'm here and that God has blessed me with so many opportunities. I got to touch a lot of people's hearts out there and I just have to say thank you," he said back then.
His elimination left Melanie Amaro and Josh Krajcik to battle for the winner title. The crown eventually went to Amaro, who was automatically entitled to a recording contract worth $5 million. Like the second runner-up, she has also been signed to Reid's label.
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song