Steven Tyler Thinks Aerosmith Wouldn't Be Big If It Wasn't for Cocaine
Steven Tyler revealed, in a recent interview with Ellen DeGeneres, one of the things that helped Aerosmith succeed in the music industry. The frontman, who has stayed sober after years of boozing, credited the band's dependence on drugs and alcohol for their success.
"I gotta tell yah if it wasn't for cocaine, I don't think the band would have played every state in the United States nine times in seven years," he stated. "Because there was no MTV back then, Peruvian marching powder, it was like, 'Iowa, three in a row? Give me that'."
Talking about his own addiction, the judge of "American Idol" recalled, "Well, I being the lead singer could lean over and a coca cola can dumped out, empty, dried out with a hair dryer with blow in the bottom with a straw in it."
Though he admitted that drugs and booze had played part in taking the band to the top, Tyler made it clear that he doesn't condone such things. "It's what we did, but you know there is no end to that. It's death, jail, or insanity for real reals," he stressed.
More Steven Tyler News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce