Paula Deen Gets Slammed by Anthony Bourdain After Her Diabetes Revelation
Paula Deen has become a subject of another celebrity chef's mocking because of her diabetes announcement. Just hours after the Queen of Butter came forward with a confession that she has Type 2 diabetes, Anthony Bourdain took to his Twitter to seemingly take a jab at her for making a profit out of her illness.
"Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later," Bourdain wrote on Tuesday, January 17. After TMZ published a story about his attack on Deen, the host of "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" tweeted, "For the record: Never called anybody a 'diabetic scam artist'. TMZ's words. Not mine."
This is not the first time Bourdain took a jab at Deen. Back in the summer of 2011, he called the Food Network chef "the worst, most dangerous person to America." He explained to TV Guide, "She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is f***ing bad for you."
Deen herself confirmed speculations that she is diabetic earlier when launching Diabetes in a New Light, a national initiative to help adults find simple ways to manage everyday challenges associated with Type 2 diabetes. She said, "I was determined to share my positive approach and not let diabetes stand in the way of enjoying my life."
Teaming up with Novo Nordisk, the world leader in diabetes care, and her sons Bobby and Jamie Deen for the program, the 64-year-old added in a press release, "I'm excited to team up with Novo Nordisk on this initiative to show others that managing diabetes does not have to stop you from enjoying the things you love."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign