Katy Perry Will Appear in The Sims Video Game
Katy Perry will appear in the virtual world. The singer has struck an "extensive and exclusive creative collaboration" with video game company Electronic Arts to develop themed content and virtual goods that concern her lifestyle. The partnership will be launched in March under the Collector's Edition for "The Sims 3: Showtime".
"Today marks the start of the most integrated and exciting collaboration with any artist in the history of The Sims," said Steve Schnur, worldwide executive of Music for EA. "Katy Perry has been a fan of The Sims for several years, and her Simlish recording of her hit 'Hot and Cold' featured in The Sims 2 series quickly became the most popular Simlish music video to date…No performer could better represent the humor and fun of The Sims brand."
Among the things featured in the game are Perry's clothing, hairstyles, furniture and props. "I love how you're able to play out different stories through your Sims characters - giving them different careers and watching them succeed," Perry commented. "It's cool to see the Sims' stage performances in The Sims 3 Showtime decked out just like my California Dreams Tour - even my cotton candy video screens are in there! I always like to think of myself as a cartoon, and now I'm a Sim!"
Perry will also appear in the advertising and marketing campaigns for the brand.
More Katy Perry News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie