Betty White Gets Roasted by A-List Stars on 90th Birthday Bash
Having spent the last few decades in her life entertaining people, Betty White was saluted by fellow artists at her 90th birthday celebration which was aired on NBC. In "Betty White's 90th Birthday: A Tribute to America's Golden Girl", the likes of Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Joel McHale, Hugh Jackman and Morgan Freeman amused the Golden Girl with their jokes.
Fey noted that White only gave her advice about posing nude, while McHale hosted an impromptu version of "Password". Seth Meyers and Tracy Morgan also took part in the roast, joking that the nice little old lady White was actually stealing a bunch of property from "30 Rock".
President Barack Obama contributed to the show, making a joke about birth certificate. At another point, Zachary Levi surprised White with a marriage proposal. The Grandma Annie of "The Proposal" returned the favor with a smooch for the "Chuck" actor.
The televised special was taped at the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles and aired on Monday, January 16. White herself will only turn 90 on January 17.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son