Steven Tyler: I Know I'd Marry Erin Brady When She Tied Me Up
Steven Tyler is opening up about his recent engagement to longtime girlfriend Erin Brady. Dropping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, January 17, the "American Idol" judge told host Ellen DeGeneres how he knew she is the one for him, and it apparently involved him being tied up with a scarf.
"The first time I saw her...she worked for Clear Channel so she was paying the band," the 63-year-old recalled. "And I didn't notice her and one night she had on this hair band on around her head. She looked really old fashion...So I took her back in the room and she tied me up with it and I thought I'm marrying this girl. Exactly that way [laughing]."
Tyler's story prompted DeGeneres to ask, "So it's just a scarf around the head for you. That's what does it?" In his response, the Aerosmith frontman explained, "Yes, it's the imagery and how deep one can get into it..." When the host went on to say, "Of what the scarf is going to be later on," the rocker replied, "I play it out."
During the interview, Tyler also discussed about his sobriety. Asked what it takes for him to be sober, he admitted, "You never know if it takes." Still, he did note, "I have program. I got all my friends that are sober now. What it is...It's euphoric recall. You hear music and you can get so high and the curtain comes down. It's no different then doing a bump."
"It's the same thing and that's why it is so dangerous for me. I can't get back into that world. I can stay high on stage and stay high.. I mean out here with you right now my hearts pounding. Hearing you guys [the audience] roar. This what I live for today. But you never know if it's going to stick. I just keep with my program, wish and hope."
The father of actress Liv Tyler continued on, "I don't want to go back to that place, if that's what you are talking about. That place lost me, my kids, a marriage, a band. A lot of things and it's for real. That's how dangerous that is. So I take it serious."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'