Steven Tyler: I Know I'd Marry Erin Brady When She Tied Me Up
Steven Tyler is opening up about his recent engagement to longtime girlfriend Erin Brady. Dropping by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, January 17, the "American Idol" judge told host Ellen DeGeneres how he knew she is the one for him, and it apparently involved him being tied up with a scarf.
"The first time I saw her...she worked for Clear Channel so she was paying the band," the 63-year-old recalled. "And I didn't notice her and one night she had on this hair band on around her head. She looked really old fashion...So I took her back in the room and she tied me up with it and I thought I'm marrying this girl. Exactly that way [laughing]."
Tyler's story prompted DeGeneres to ask, "So it's just a scarf around the head for you. That's what does it?" In his response, the Aerosmith frontman explained, "Yes, it's the imagery and how deep one can get into it..." When the host went on to say, "Of what the scarf is going to be later on," the rocker replied, "I play it out."
During the interview, Tyler also discussed about his sobriety. Asked what it takes for him to be sober, he admitted, "You never know if it takes." Still, he did note, "I have program. I got all my friends that are sober now. What it is...It's euphoric recall. You hear music and you can get so high and the curtain comes down. It's no different then doing a bump."
"It's the same thing and that's why it is so dangerous for me. I can't get back into that world. I can stay high on stage and stay high.. I mean out here with you right now my hearts pounding. Hearing you guys [the audience] roar. This what I live for today. But you never know if it's going to stick. I just keep with my program, wish and hope."
The father of actress Liv Tyler continued on, "I don't want to go back to that place, if that's what you are talking about. That place lost me, my kids, a marriage, a band. A lot of things and it's for real. That's how dangerous that is. So I take it serious."
More Steven Tyler News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers