Madonna Discusses 'Happy' and 'Dark' Sides of New Album 'M.D.N.A.'
Madonna has teased what kind of music she's crafting in her upcoming studio album "M.D.N.A.". In an interview at the Golden Globe backstage post her Best Song win, she talked to the press about the two people she's working with in the project, and how their sounds are different from each other.
"Well, I did a good majority of the album with Martin Solveig," Madge mentioned one of her collaborators. The Material Girl added, "I love his sound - it's really fresh, doesn't sound like anybody else's." She continued describing his music vibes, "Happy. I would say his music is happy. It puts a smile on your face."
In the album, the "4 Minutes" hitmaker will also reunite with William Orbit, the English producer who helped make her 1998 critically-acclaimed album "Ray of Light". She gushed, "His songs tend to be, I don't want to say dark - more thoughtful and introspective. It's a good combination of the light and the dark."
Madonna won Best Song at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards through her self-written song "Masterpiece" from her directorial drama "W.E.", much to Elton John's dismay. The English singer previously said on the red carpet that Madge did not have "f***ing chance" to win the kudo.
She's later slammed by Elton's husband David Furnish. "Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism," he ranted. Upon receiving the award, Madge revealed "Masterpiece", which earned her the award, is a song that she didn't even want to write. She recalled how manager Guy Oseary had to force her to write it.
More Madonna News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage