Madonna Discusses 'Happy' and 'Dark' Sides of New Album 'M.D.N.A.'
Madonna has teased what kind of music she's crafting in her upcoming studio album "M.D.N.A.". In an interview at the Golden Globe backstage post her Best Song win, she talked to the press about the two people she's working with in the project, and how their sounds are different from each other.
"Well, I did a good majority of the album with Martin Solveig," Madge mentioned one of her collaborators. The Material Girl added, "I love his sound - it's really fresh, doesn't sound like anybody else's." She continued describing his music vibes, "Happy. I would say his music is happy. It puts a smile on your face."
In the album, the "4 Minutes" hitmaker will also reunite with William Orbit, the English producer who helped make her 1998 critically-acclaimed album "Ray of Light". She gushed, "His songs tend to be, I don't want to say dark - more thoughtful and introspective. It's a good combination of the light and the dark."
Madonna won Best Song at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards through her self-written song "Masterpiece" from her directorial drama "W.E.", much to Elton John's dismay. The English singer previously said on the red carpet that Madge did not have "f***ing chance" to win the kudo.
She's later slammed by Elton's husband David Furnish. "Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism," he ranted. Upon receiving the award, Madge revealed "Masterpiece", which earned her the award, is a song that she didn't even want to write. She recalled how manager Guy Oseary had to force her to write it.
More Madonna News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris