Megan Fox Joins Lindsay Lohan in Shortlist for Elizabeth Taylor Biopic
It turns out Lindsay Lohan is not the sole candidate to portray Elizabeth Taylor in "Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story". Met at the Weinstein Company Golden Globes after-party, Larry Thompson who will executive produce the Lifetime biopic said that Megan Fox is also in the running for the lead role.
"I've been talking to Lindsay Lohan directly, and with her reps," Thompson confirmed report of Lohan being in negotiation to play the late iconic star. He, however, added that several other Hollywood beauties are also being considered for the same part as he told E! Online that he has "been in conversations with other actresses, including Megan Fox," as well.
"It's a very serious selection. It's like casting for Hollywood royalty," Thompson gushed about the casting process to find the right star to play Liz. Although he said that Lohan is one of the frontrunners, he admitted that her probation status is "a complication."
"Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story" will chronicle Taylor's romantic relationship with Welsh actor Richard Burton. Christopher Monger is tapped to provide the script for the project, which is expected to start shooting in Canada as soon as this spring.
After parting ways with "Transformers" film franchise, Megan Fox was recently seen in "Passion Play". She will next grace the big screen through drama comedy movies, "Friends with Kids" and "The Dictator".
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film