Megan Fox Joins Lindsay Lohan in Shortlist for Elizabeth Taylor Biopic
It turns out Lindsay Lohan is not the sole candidate to portray Elizabeth Taylor in "Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story". Met at the Weinstein Company Golden Globes after-party, Larry Thompson who will executive produce the Lifetime biopic said that Megan Fox is also in the running for the lead role.
"I've been talking to Lindsay Lohan directly, and with her reps," Thompson confirmed report of Lohan being in negotiation to play the late iconic star. He, however, added that several other Hollywood beauties are also being considered for the same part as he told E! Online that he has "been in conversations with other actresses, including Megan Fox," as well.
"It's a very serious selection. It's like casting for Hollywood royalty," Thompson gushed about the casting process to find the right star to play Liz. Although he said that Lohan is one of the frontrunners, he admitted that her probation status is "a complication."
"Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story" will chronicle Taylor's romantic relationship with Welsh actor Richard Burton. Christopher Monger is tapped to provide the script for the project, which is expected to start shooting in Canada as soon as this spring.
After parting ways with "Transformers" film franchise, Megan Fox was recently seen in "Passion Play". She will next grace the big screen through drama comedy movies, "Friends with Kids" and "The Dictator".
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress