Megan Fox Joins Lindsay Lohan in Shortlist for Elizabeth Taylor Biopic
It turns out Lindsay Lohan is not the sole candidate to portray Elizabeth Taylor in "Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story". Met at the Weinstein Company Golden Globes after-party, Larry Thompson who will executive produce the Lifetime biopic said that Megan Fox is also in the running for the lead role.
"I've been talking to Lindsay Lohan directly, and with her reps," Thompson confirmed report of Lohan being in negotiation to play the late iconic star. He, however, added that several other Hollywood beauties are also being considered for the same part as he told E! Online that he has "been in conversations with other actresses, including Megan Fox," as well.
"It's a very serious selection. It's like casting for Hollywood royalty," Thompson gushed about the casting process to find the right star to play Liz. Although he said that Lohan is one of the frontrunners, he admitted that her probation status is "a complication."
"Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story" will chronicle Taylor's romantic relationship with Welsh actor Richard Burton. Christopher Monger is tapped to provide the script for the project, which is expected to start shooting in Canada as soon as this spring.
After parting ways with "Transformers" film franchise, Megan Fox was recently seen in "Passion Play". She will next grace the big screen through drama comedy movies, "Friends with Kids" and "The Dictator".
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones