Megan Fox Joins Lindsay Lohan in Shortlist for Elizabeth Taylor Biopic
It turns out Lindsay Lohan is not the sole candidate to portray Elizabeth Taylor in "Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story". Met at the Weinstein Company Golden Globes after-party, Larry Thompson who will executive produce the Lifetime biopic said that Megan Fox is also in the running for the lead role.
"I've been talking to Lindsay Lohan directly, and with her reps," Thompson confirmed report of Lohan being in negotiation to play the late iconic star. He, however, added that several other Hollywood beauties are also being considered for the same part as he told E! Online that he has "been in conversations with other actresses, including Megan Fox," as well.
"It's a very serious selection. It's like casting for Hollywood royalty," Thompson gushed about the casting process to find the right star to play Liz. Although he said that Lohan is one of the frontrunners, he admitted that her probation status is "a complication."
"Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story" will chronicle Taylor's romantic relationship with Welsh actor Richard Burton. Christopher Monger is tapped to provide the script for the project, which is expected to start shooting in Canada as soon as this spring.
After parting ways with "Transformers" film franchise, Megan Fox was recently seen in "Passion Play". She will next grace the big screen through drama comedy movies, "Friends with Kids" and "The Dictator".
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed