Megan Fox Joins Lindsay Lohan in Shortlist for Elizabeth Taylor Biopic
It turns out Lindsay Lohan is not the sole candidate to portray Elizabeth Taylor in "Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story". Met at the Weinstein Company Golden Globes after-party, Larry Thompson who will executive produce the Lifetime biopic said that Megan Fox is also in the running for the lead role.
"I've been talking to Lindsay Lohan directly, and with her reps," Thompson confirmed report of Lohan being in negotiation to play the late iconic star. He, however, added that several other Hollywood beauties are also being considered for the same part as he told E! Online that he has "been in conversations with other actresses, including Megan Fox," as well.
"It's a very serious selection. It's like casting for Hollywood royalty," Thompson gushed about the casting process to find the right star to play Liz. Although he said that Lohan is one of the frontrunners, he admitted that her probation status is "a complication."
"Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story" will chronicle Taylor's romantic relationship with Welsh actor Richard Burton. Christopher Monger is tapped to provide the script for the project, which is expected to start shooting in Canada as soon as this spring.
After parting ways with "Transformers" film franchise, Megan Fox was recently seen in "Passion Play". She will next grace the big screen through drama comedy movies, "Friends with Kids" and "The Dictator".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal