Jay-Z Promises to Stop Rapping B-Word in His Songs to Honor Baby Blue Ivy
Now that he has a daughter, Jay-Z vows to keep his lyrics "clean." Never again will he use the degrading word, "b***h", in his songs, so the rap mogul stated in a heartfelt poem dedicated to his baby girl, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich, I didn't think hard about using the word b**h," he said. "I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it. I never realized while on the fast track that I'd give riddance to the word b***h, to leave her innocence in tact."
The husband of Beyonce Knowles later added, "No man will degrade her, or call her name. I'm so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. I wish you wealth, health and insight. Forevr young you may pass. Blue Ivy Carter, my angel."
Jay-Z and Beyonce welcomed Blue Ivy on Saturday, January 7. "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven. She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives. We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support," the couple said in a joint statement .
A few days later, the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker expressed his joy in a special ode song titled "Glory". The track that features the baby crying and cooing entered Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at No. 74, making the infant the youngest person to ever appear in any Billboard charts.
More Jay-Z News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway