Jay-Z Promises to Stop Rapping B-Word in His Songs to Honor Baby Blue Ivy
Now that he has a daughter, Jay-Z vows to keep his lyrics "clean." Never again will he use the degrading word, "b***h", in his songs, so the rap mogul stated in a heartfelt poem dedicated to his baby girl, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich, I didn't think hard about using the word b**h," he said. "I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it. I never realized while on the fast track that I'd give riddance to the word b***h, to leave her innocence in tact."
The husband of Beyonce Knowles later added, "No man will degrade her, or call her name. I'm so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. I wish you wealth, health and insight. Forevr young you may pass. Blue Ivy Carter, my angel."
Jay-Z and Beyonce welcomed Blue Ivy on Saturday, January 7. "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven. She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives. We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support," the couple said in a joint statement .
A few days later, the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker expressed his joy in a special ode song titled "Glory". The track that features the baby crying and cooing entered Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at No. 74, making the infant the youngest person to ever appear in any Billboard charts.
More Jay-Z News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media