Jay-Z Promises to Stop Rapping B-Word in His Songs to Honor Baby Blue Ivy
Now that he has a daughter, Jay-Z vows to keep his lyrics "clean." Never again will he use the degrading word, "b***h", in his songs, so the rap mogul stated in a heartfelt poem dedicated to his baby girl, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich, I didn't think hard about using the word b**h," he said. "I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it. I never realized while on the fast track that I'd give riddance to the word b***h, to leave her innocence in tact."
The husband of Beyonce Knowles later added, "No man will degrade her, or call her name. I'm so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. I wish you wealth, health and insight. Forevr young you may pass. Blue Ivy Carter, my angel."
Jay-Z and Beyonce welcomed Blue Ivy on Saturday, January 7. "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven. She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives. We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support," the couple said in a joint statement .
A few days later, the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker expressed his joy in a special ode song titled "Glory". The track that features the baby crying and cooing entered Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at No. 74, making the infant the youngest person to ever appear in any Billboard charts.
More Jay-Z News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard