Jay-Z Promises to Stop Rapping B-Word in His Songs to Honor Baby Blue Ivy
Now that he has a daughter, Jay-Z vows to keep his lyrics "clean." Never again will he use the degrading word, "b***h", in his songs, so the rap mogul stated in a heartfelt poem dedicated to his baby girl, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich, I didn't think hard about using the word b**h," he said. "I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it. I never realized while on the fast track that I'd give riddance to the word b***h, to leave her innocence in tact."
The husband of Beyonce Knowles later added, "No man will degrade her, or call her name. I'm so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. I wish you wealth, health and insight. Forevr young you may pass. Blue Ivy Carter, my angel."
Jay-Z and Beyonce welcomed Blue Ivy on Saturday, January 7. "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven. She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives. We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support," the couple said in a joint statement .
A few days later, the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker expressed his joy in a special ode song titled "Glory". The track that features the baby crying and cooing entered Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at No. 74, making the infant the youngest person to ever appear in any Billboard charts.
More Jay-Z News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger