Jay-Z Promises to Stop Rapping B-Word in His Songs to Honor Baby Blue Ivy
Now that he has a daughter, Jay-Z vows to keep his lyrics "clean." Never again will he use the degrading word, "b***h", in his songs, so the rap mogul stated in a heartfelt poem dedicated to his baby girl, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich, I didn't think hard about using the word b**h," he said. "I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it. I never realized while on the fast track that I'd give riddance to the word b***h, to leave her innocence in tact."
The husband of Beyonce Knowles later added, "No man will degrade her, or call her name. I'm so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. I wish you wealth, health and insight. Forevr young you may pass. Blue Ivy Carter, my angel."
Jay-Z and Beyonce welcomed Blue Ivy on Saturday, January 7. "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven. She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives. We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support," the couple said in a joint statement .
A few days later, the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker expressed his joy in a special ode song titled "Glory". The track that features the baby crying and cooing entered Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at No. 74, making the infant the youngest person to ever appear in any Billboard charts.
More Jay-Z News
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased