Ricky Gervais Says He Won't Be Hosting the Golden Globes Again
This year's Golden Globes will likely be the last time for Ricky Gervais hosting the HFPA-presented show. At the HBO post-Golden Globes party, the British actor ruled out the possibility of tackling the same duty for the fourth time. "I'm really done this time. It's enough," he stated. "Three is plenty - at least that's what Charlie Sheen told me."
While hosting the Sunday, January 15 ceremony, Gervais inserted an expletive word in his line. Asked if it was his way of getting back at the HFPA, the co-creator of "Life's Too Short" quickly cleared things up as saying, "Oh no no no. The censors knew it was coming. That was planned."
Despite getting negative feedbacks last year for mocking some top-notch stars, Gervais still poked fun at the A-list guests this year. He used the word "evil" to describe Colin Firth, and called Natalie Portman "foolish".
Still, the 50-year-old thinks that the show went better than a year ago. "The crowd was with me this time. They went where I went. It's like they were ready for me this time and it felt pitch-perfect," he reasoned.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?