Ricky Gervais Says He Won't Be Hosting the Golden Globes Again
This year's Golden Globes will likely be the last time for Ricky Gervais hosting the HFPA-presented show. At the HBO post-Golden Globes party, the British actor ruled out the possibility of tackling the same duty for the fourth time. "I'm really done this time. It's enough," he stated. "Three is plenty - at least that's what Charlie Sheen told me."
While hosting the Sunday, January 15 ceremony, Gervais inserted an expletive word in his line. Asked if it was his way of getting back at the HFPA, the co-creator of "Life's Too Short" quickly cleared things up as saying, "Oh no no no. The censors knew it was coming. That was planned."
Despite getting negative feedbacks last year for mocking some top-notch stars, Gervais still poked fun at the A-list guests this year. He used the word "evil" to describe Colin Firth, and called Natalie Portman "foolish".
Still, the 50-year-old thinks that the show went better than a year ago. "The crowd was with me this time. They went where I went. It's like they were ready for me this time and it felt pitch-perfect," he reasoned.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media