Video: George Clooney Draws Chuckles at Golden Globes 2012 by Mocking Brad Pitt
Proving that he deserves the title of notorious prankster, George Clooney draws chuckles from the audience of the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards with a friendly jab at Brad Pitt. When walking on stage to introduce "Moneyball", the 50-year-old actor takes his former co-star's cane with him.
Once he got in front of the mic, the Matt King of "The Descendants" started waving the cane around to the audience's amusement. He, however, was quick to assure the crowd that he's only borrowing it for a while. "I have to give it back to him," he said, before joking, "He can't make it to the bar otherwise."
48-year-old Pitt is in need of the cane after injuring his ACL, a ligament in the knee that connects the femur with the tibia, when saving one of his daughters. To the reporters at the 22nd Annual Palm Springs Film Festival, he said, "I was carrying my daughter [Vivienne] down the hill and I slipped. It was either her or me."
Clooney walked away with a trophy for Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) at the Globes. In his acceptance speech, the actor had nothing but praises for Pitt. "I wanted to say it's nice to see Brad, and it's nice to be able to tell him not just what wonderful work he's doing in two films this year," he said. "But what wonderful work he does in the rest of the world to the rest of the people."
More George Clooney News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny