Video: George Clooney Draws Chuckles at Golden Globes 2012 by Mocking Brad Pitt
Proving that he deserves the title of notorious prankster, George Clooney draws chuckles from the audience of the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards with a friendly jab at Brad Pitt. When walking on stage to introduce "Moneyball", the 50-year-old actor takes his former co-star's cane with him.
Once he got in front of the mic, the Matt King of "The Descendants" started waving the cane around to the audience's amusement. He, however, was quick to assure the crowd that he's only borrowing it for a while. "I have to give it back to him," he said, before joking, "He can't make it to the bar otherwise."
48-year-old Pitt is in need of the cane after injuring his ACL, a ligament in the knee that connects the femur with the tibia, when saving one of his daughters. To the reporters at the 22nd Annual Palm Springs Film Festival, he said, "I was carrying my daughter [Vivienne] down the hill and I slipped. It was either her or me."
Clooney walked away with a trophy for Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) at the Globes. In his acceptance speech, the actor had nothing but praises for Pitt. "I wanted to say it's nice to see Brad, and it's nice to be able to tell him not just what wonderful work he's doing in two films this year," he said. "But what wonderful work he does in the rest of the world to the rest of the people."
More George Clooney News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'