Artist of the Week: Awolnation
Awolnation is one of the bands to watch this year as they make their way to the top. Fronted by Aaron Bruno, this alternative rock band defined their moniker as a way "to escape a situation you can't handle. A way for all of us to get our aggression out, cry a little bit, or even laugh."
They ruled Billboard Top Heatseekers album chart in 2011 with their debut album "Megalithic Symphony". They also invaded the small screen as their songs were featured on such popular TV shows as "The Good Wife" and "Sons of Anarchy".
With their infectious single "Sail", the five-piece band climbed up to No. 5 on Billboard Alternative Songs chart. They additionally sailed to a peak position at No. 10 on the U.S. Rock Songs chart. It became their most commercially successful song to date.
Talking about their inspiration, Awol said it's "very much like a kid in terms of fantasy and magic." They explained further, "I get rhythms, beats, colors and patterns from the transcendence of the ocean. I'm influenced by both its beauty and its absolute terror."
They kicked off the New Year of 2012 with a big announcement. They were recruited as one of the musical guests at the upcoming Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. They would perform on the second days of the the two-weekend desert party, on April 14 and 21.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones