'Born This Way' Producer Responds to Madonna's 'Redo' Statement
Lady GaGa might remain mum about Madonna's recent statements which called "Born This Way" an "interesting redo" of "Express Yourself", but DJ White Shadow has broken his silence on the matter. The guy who serves as one of the producers in the self-acceptance anthem took to Twitter to answer Madge.
The disc jokey let his followers know that he's not happy upon hearing what the Material Girl said about the song he produced. "I obviously do not hate Madonna, or belittle her talent or achievements, however, if she thinks we stole a song from her she is wrong," he wrote before adding, "If you don't like what I have to say, unfollow me. F**k off."
Leading to her new single and album release this year, Madonna has been busy doing promo interviews. When having a chat with Newsweek for an upcoming profile, she took time to comment on the "Born This Way", saying, "I thought, 'What a wonderful way to redo my song'."
In another interview with Cynthia McFadden on ABC's "20/20", she stated, "When I heard it on the radio. I said, 'that sounds very familiar'." Asked if it annoyed her, she stated, "It felt reductive." When pressed further about whether it's a bad or good thing, she coyly said, "Look it up."
Madge, nonetheless, had nothing but good words for the Mother Monster. When appearing on the "Graham Norton Show" recently, she gushed, "When I first saw her [GaGa] I was really impressed by her and she was cool. She did remind me of me back in the day. I do think she is very talented." She echoed her statement when praising the outlandish singer on the "20/20".
More Madonna News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris