Russell Brand Avoids Directly Addressing Katy Perry Break-Up
Russell Brand might be doing well after filing for divorce from singer wife Katy Perry, but he apparently isn't ready to speak about the break-up publicly. The 36-year-old comedian did his best to avoid talking about his personal life when promoting his new FX show, "Strangely Uplifting", at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.
Asked by reporters how he's doing, the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" actor said, "Quite well, thank you. Are you asking because of recent events? You are making the mistake of seeing time as linear." He added, "The brilliant American author Kurt Vonnegut, he'll tell you that if you imagine reality as experienced simultaneously, events become redundant."
"I don't want to further celebrate the overly elaborate brittle, plastic structures of nonsense that are constantly fired into our minds to distract us from what's actually important," Brand additionally stated. "If I'd done something actually newsworthy, in some bizarre quirk, then I'd cover it, but if it was more lacquered nonsense designed to distract us from truth, then I'd wisely ignore it."
During the Sunday, January 15 chat, the actor who will be seen as Lonny Barnett in "Rock of Ages" further assured that he's happy despite his split from the "Teenage Dream" hitmaker. He told reporters, "I'm happy my darling. I am happy, thank you."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7