Russell Brand Avoids Directly Addressing Katy Perry Break-Up
Russell Brand might be doing well after filing for divorce from singer wife Katy Perry, but he apparently isn't ready to speak about the break-up publicly. The 36-year-old comedian did his best to avoid talking about his personal life when promoting his new FX show, "Strangely Uplifting", at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.
Asked by reporters how he's doing, the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" actor said, "Quite well, thank you. Are you asking because of recent events? You are making the mistake of seeing time as linear." He added, "The brilliant American author Kurt Vonnegut, he'll tell you that if you imagine reality as experienced simultaneously, events become redundant."
"I don't want to further celebrate the overly elaborate brittle, plastic structures of nonsense that are constantly fired into our minds to distract us from what's actually important," Brand additionally stated. "If I'd done something actually newsworthy, in some bizarre quirk, then I'd cover it, but if it was more lacquered nonsense designed to distract us from truth, then I'd wisely ignore it."
During the Sunday, January 15 chat, the actor who will be seen as Lonny Barnett in "Rock of Ages" further assured that he's happy despite his split from the "Teenage Dream" hitmaker. He told reporters, "I'm happy my darling. I am happy, thank you."
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I 6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza