Lana Del Rey's Performance on 'SNL' Meets Harsh Criticisms
Daniel Radcliffe successfully hosted "Saturday Night Live" over the weekend but it was the musical guest that became a talk on Twitter. YouTube sensation Lana Del Rey was visibly nervous on her first performance on the late-night show, prompting audience, including actress/singer Juliette Lewis, to criticize her.
Del Rey performed "Video Games" which is her breakout song out of upcoming debut album "Born to Die" as well as "Blue Jeans". Lewis who watched her tweeted, "Wow watching this 'singer' on SNL is like watching a 12 yearold [sic] in their bedroom when theyre pretending to sing and perform #signofourtimes."
A lot of people on Twitter-verse echoed Lewis' comment. One said, "If you haven't seen it: The SNL Lana Del Rey performances of Video Games is lazy, awkward and technically a vocal mess," while another slammed, "I'd rather attend Tim Tebow's bible camp than have to sit through another Lana Del Rey song ever again."
Del Rey has yet to response to the criticism but she said in an interview with NME that all those talks out there made her career bittersweet. "I'd rather it was just as simple as being just the songs and no one else taking about it at all, because it makes things more bittersweet instead of just clear and easy. It just seems to have taken a funny turn," she said.
Before the performance, she also talked to MTV about why she was chosen to play on such a big platform even before her first album came out. "[I got it] because I'm a good musician," she said. "And I may not have a record out now, but I have been singing for a very long time, and I think that ['SNL' creator] Lorne [Michaels] knows that, and everyone over there knows that. It's not a fluke decision."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip