First Trailer for Peter Jackson-Produced Documentary 'West of Memphis'
Peter Jackson-produced documentary "West of Memphis" gets its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. Being filled with real footage from the notorious 1994's West Memphis Three case, the promotional video highlights the struggle of various parties to prove that the three young boys convicted of the brutal murder were innocent.
The documentary movie was made to reveal the true story of Damien Echolls, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley Jr, three Arkansas teenagers who were convicted in 1994 of the murders of three West Memphis boys in 1993. The three youngsters were jailed for over 18 years before finally being released in August 2011.
Oscar-nominated documentarian Amy Berg serves as the director for "West of Memphis". Back in December 2011, Berg said that the movie "represents the trial these men didn't have." The filmmaker also claimed that the film will show "the inner workings of the defense, the investigation, research, and appeals process, in a way that has never been shown before."
Also serving as producers for the documentary are Jackson's wife Fran Walsh, Damien Echols who is one of the West Memphis Three, and his wife Lorri Davis. The film will be screened during this year's Sundance Film Festival and is expected to open in the U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic