'Chronicle' Director Is Fox's Top Pick to Helm 'Fantastic Four' Reboot
20th Century Fox's "Fantastic Four" reboot is close to find its director. It has been reported that Josh Trank, whose latest film "Chronicle" is about to arrive in the U.S. theaters on February 3, is now appearing as the frontrunner to work behind the lens for the forthcoming superhero movie project.
According to Variety, Trank has already had some meetings with Fox to discuss the project. However, the studio reportedly will wait to see the result of "Chronicle", which will open over the Super Bowl weekend, before deciding to hand out a formal offer to Trank.
Providing the script for the untitled New Fantastic Four project was "Green Lantern" scribe Michael Green. Akiva Goldsman was initially tapped to produce the movie under his Weed Road banner, but he is said to be no longer attached to the project.
The first two "Fantastic Four" movies were directed by Tim Story and grossed $620 million worldwide combined. The two films starred Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards a.k.a Mr. Fantastic, Jessica Alba as Susan Storm a.k.a Invisible Woman, Chris Evans as Johnny Storm a.k.a Human Torch, and Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm a.k.a The Thing.
Aside from this "Fantastic Four" reboot, Fox develops other superhero movies like "The Wolverine", which is a sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", and a spin-off film for Ryan Reynolds's Deadpool character in "Wolverine". The studio also plans a new take on "Daredevil".
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story