Video: Dolly Parton Does Impromptu Rap Over Queen Latifah's Beatboxing
Dolly Parton showed off her rap skills when appearing on "Today" show recently. The country music singer delivered the impromptu rap to show off her chemistry with her "Joyful Noise" co-star, Queen Latifah, after host Ann Curry gushed that hip-hop and country had "an intersection" in the two of them.
"We never thought about that. We just thought it'd be rap stuff," Parton responded to the compliment before busting some rhymes while her sidekick Latifah did the beatboxing. The "Jolene" hitmaker rapped, "Queen Latifah, she's queen of hip hop and rap and the movie/ Oh she's queen of her own good but I'm the queen a Dollywood."
"Joyful Noise" is due to open wide in the U.S. theaters on January 13. Directed by Todd Graff, the movie will follow Parton and Latifah as two strong-minded women, G.G. Sparrow and Vi Rose Hill. They are forced to work together to save a small town Gospel Choir after budget cuts threaten to shut them down.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame