Video: Dolly Parton Does Impromptu Rap Over Queen Latifah's Beatboxing
Dolly Parton showed off her rap skills when appearing on "Today" show recently. The country music singer delivered the impromptu rap to show off her chemistry with her "Joyful Noise" co-star, Queen Latifah, after host Ann Curry gushed that hip-hop and country had "an intersection" in the two of them.
"We never thought about that. We just thought it'd be rap stuff," Parton responded to the compliment before busting some rhymes while her sidekick Latifah did the beatboxing. The "Jolene" hitmaker rapped, "Queen Latifah, she's queen of hip hop and rap and the movie/ Oh she's queen of her own good but I'm the queen a Dollywood."
"Joyful Noise" is due to open wide in the U.S. theaters on January 13. Directed by Todd Graff, the movie will follow Parton and Latifah as two strong-minded women, G.G. Sparrow and Vi Rose Hill. They are forced to work together to save a small town Gospel Choir after budget cuts threaten to shut them down.
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors