Video: Dolly Parton Does Impromptu Rap Over Queen Latifah's Beatboxing
Dolly Parton showed off her rap skills when appearing on "Today" show recently. The country music singer delivered the impromptu rap to show off her chemistry with her "Joyful Noise" co-star, Queen Latifah, after host Ann Curry gushed that hip-hop and country had "an intersection" in the two of them.
"We never thought about that. We just thought it'd be rap stuff," Parton responded to the compliment before busting some rhymes while her sidekick Latifah did the beatboxing. The "Jolene" hitmaker rapped, "Queen Latifah, she's queen of hip hop and rap and the movie/ Oh she's queen of her own good but I'm the queen a Dollywood."
"Joyful Noise" is due to open wide in the U.S. theaters on January 13. Directed by Todd Graff, the movie will follow Parton and Latifah as two strong-minded women, G.G. Sparrow and Vi Rose Hill. They are forced to work together to save a small town Gospel Choir after budget cuts threaten to shut them down.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3