Video: Dolly Parton Does Impromptu Rap Over Queen Latifah's Beatboxing
Dolly Parton showed off her rap skills when appearing on "Today" show recently. The country music singer delivered the impromptu rap to show off her chemistry with her "Joyful Noise" co-star, Queen Latifah, after host Ann Curry gushed that hip-hop and country had "an intersection" in the two of them.
"We never thought about that. We just thought it'd be rap stuff," Parton responded to the compliment before busting some rhymes while her sidekick Latifah did the beatboxing. The "Jolene" hitmaker rapped, "Queen Latifah, she's queen of hip hop and rap and the movie/ Oh she's queen of her own good but I'm the queen a Dollywood."
"Joyful Noise" is due to open wide in the U.S. theaters on January 13. Directed by Todd Graff, the movie will follow Parton and Latifah as two strong-minded women, G.G. Sparrow and Vi Rose Hill. They are forced to work together to save a small town Gospel Choir after budget cuts threaten to shut them down.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit