Showtime Sets Premiere Dates of 'Nurse Jackie', 'Big C' and 'Borgias'
Showtime is preparing a triple treat for viewers in early April. The network has announced that it will premiere the new season of "Nurse Jackie", "The Big C" and "The Borgias" on Sunday, April 8, in what entertainment president David Nevins called a "triple header."
The medical drama comedy, which features Edie Falco as a drug-addicted nurse, will lead at 9 P.M. Meanwhile, the Laura Linney-starring series and the Jeremy Irons drama will follow at 9:30 P.M. and 10 P.M. respectively.
Giving a tidbit to the next season of "Nurse Jackie", Nevins said at the TCA winter press tour, "I wanted her to start facing some consequences of her actions, and she does in a big way. She's absolutely not in the same place as she is in the last seasons. The feel of the episodes is tweaked."
Meanwhile, executive producer of "Borgias", James Flynn, said at the panel that he sees the historical fiction series as running "ideally four seasons." He added, "That would be the plan. That would be the ambition. Of course, we can always go beyond that with Pope Julius and his reign."
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'