Showtime Sets Premiere Dates of 'Nurse Jackie', 'Big C' and 'Borgias'
Showtime is preparing a triple treat for viewers in early April. The network has announced that it will premiere the new season of "Nurse Jackie", "The Big C" and "The Borgias" on Sunday, April 8, in what entertainment president David Nevins called a "triple header."
The medical drama comedy, which features Edie Falco as a drug-addicted nurse, will lead at 9 P.M. Meanwhile, the Laura Linney-starring series and the Jeremy Irons drama will follow at 9:30 P.M. and 10 P.M. respectively.
Giving a tidbit to the next season of "Nurse Jackie", Nevins said at the TCA winter press tour, "I wanted her to start facing some consequences of her actions, and she does in a big way. She's absolutely not in the same place as she is in the last seasons. The feel of the episodes is tweaked."
Meanwhile, executive producer of "Borgias", James Flynn, said at the panel that he sees the historical fiction series as running "ideally four seasons." He added, "That would be the plan. That would be the ambition. Of course, we can always go beyond that with Pope Julius and his reign."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic