Showtime Sets Premiere Dates of 'Nurse Jackie', 'Big C' and 'Borgias'
Showtime is preparing a triple treat for viewers in early April. The network has announced that it will premiere the new season of "Nurse Jackie", "The Big C" and "The Borgias" on Sunday, April 8, in what entertainment president David Nevins called a "triple header."
The medical drama comedy, which features Edie Falco as a drug-addicted nurse, will lead at 9 P.M. Meanwhile, the Laura Linney-starring series and the Jeremy Irons drama will follow at 9:30 P.M. and 10 P.M. respectively.
Giving a tidbit to the next season of "Nurse Jackie", Nevins said at the TCA winter press tour, "I wanted her to start facing some consequences of her actions, and she does in a big way. She's absolutely not in the same place as she is in the last seasons. The feel of the episodes is tweaked."
Meanwhile, executive producer of "Borgias", James Flynn, said at the panel that he sees the historical fiction series as running "ideally four seasons." He added, "That would be the plan. That would be the ambition. Of course, we can always go beyond that with Pope Julius and his reign."
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub