The CW Close to Greenlight 'Green Arrow' TV Pilot
The CW will enter the DC Comics universe once again after ending the run of "Smallville". It has just been reported that the network is closing in a deal to a pilot order for a new series featuring Green Arrow.
Green Arrow has been brought to small screen before as he was featured in multi episodes of "Smallville" with Justin Hartley taking on the role. He is an archer who invents trick arrows with various special functions, and wears a green suit during his actions. His secret identity is Oliver Queen, a billionaire and former mayor of fictional Star City.
The upcoming "Green Arrow" series, however, will not include Hartley on the cast ensemble. Some people working on the project are the "Green Lantern" co-writers, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, as well as Andrew Kreisberg who recently wrote for "Fringe". The threesome will write and executive produce the hour-long drama.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie