The CW Close to Greenlight 'Green Arrow' TV Pilot
The CW will enter the DC Comics universe once again after ending the run of "Smallville". It has just been reported that the network is closing in a deal to a pilot order for a new series featuring Green Arrow.
Green Arrow has been brought to small screen before as he was featured in multi episodes of "Smallville" with Justin Hartley taking on the role. He is an archer who invents trick arrows with various special functions, and wears a green suit during his actions. His secret identity is Oliver Queen, a billionaire and former mayor of fictional Star City.
The upcoming "Green Arrow" series, however, will not include Hartley on the cast ensemble. Some people working on the project are the "Green Lantern" co-writers, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim, as well as Andrew Kreisberg who recently wrote for "Fringe". The threesome will write and executive produce the hour-long drama.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered