George Clooney and Viola Davis Among Winners at 2012 Critics' Choice Awards
The winners of the 2012 Critics' Choice Awards have been announced. This year, George Clooney and Viola Davis were among the shining names at the award show. Clooney won the Best Actor award for his role as an indifferent father in well-reviewed dramedy "The Descendants", while Davis was named the Best Actress for her as a black maid in "The Help".
Meanwhile, "The Artist" was honored with the coveted Best Picture prize after defeating other critically acclaimed films like "The Help", "The Tree of Life", "Hugo", "The Descendants" and "War Horse". The silent drama also collected the Best Director award for Michel Hazanavicius, as well as Best Costume Design and Best Score prizes.
The Best Supporting Actress trophy went to Octavia Spencer thanks to her role in "The Help". As for the Best Supporting Actor, Christopher Plummer won the kudo for his role in "Beginners".
Blockbuster movie "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" collected two gongs, including Best Makeup and Best Sound. Another hit film, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", took home the Best Visual Effect award, while the much-talked-about thriller "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" won the Best Editing prize.
Other winners at the annual awards were "Bridesmaids" (Best Comedy Movie), "Rango" (Best Animated Feature), "Drive" (Best Action Movie) and "War Horse" (Best Cinematography). Filmmaker Martin Scorsese and veteran actor Sean Penn were honored with Honorary Music & Film award and Joel Siegel award respectively.
Being held at the Hollywood Palladium on Thursday night, January 12, the 2012 Critics' Choice Awards was hosted by Paul Scheer and Rob Huebel. The winners for this awards will likely get a shot at competing for the 2012 Academy Awards, which nominations are due to be announced on January 24.
2012 Critics' Choice Awards Winners:
- Best Picture: "The Artist"
- Best Actor: George Clooney - "The Descendants"
- Best Actress: Viola Davis - "The Help"
- Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer - "Beginners"
- Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer - "The Help"
- Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius - "The Artist"
- Best Original Screenplay: Woody Allen - "Midnight in Paris"
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin and Stan Chervin - "Moneyball"
- Best Acting Ensemble: "The Help"
- Best Action Movie:"Drive"
- Best Comedy: "Bridesmaids"
- Best Animated Feature: "Rango"
- Best Foreign Language Film: "A Separation"
- Best Young Actor/Actress: Thomas Horn - "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close"
- Best Documentary Feature: "George Harrison: Living in the Material World"
- Best Cinematography: "War Horse"
- Best Editing: "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)"
- Best Art Direction: "Hugo"
- Best Costume Design: "The Artist"
- Best Makeup: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II"
- Best Visual Effects: "Rise of the Planet of the Apes"
- Best Sound: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II"
- Best Song: "Life's a Happy Song" - "The Muppets"
- Best Score: "The Artist"
- Honorary Music & Film Award: Martin Scorsese
- Honorary Joel Siegel Award: Sean Penn
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked