Lil Wayne to Offer Firsthand Account of His Prison Stint in Memoir
A little more than a year after he was released from prison, Lil Wayne is ready to share details of his eight-month stint behind bars on a gun possession charge. On Thursday, January 12, Grand Central Publishing announced that the 29-year-old rapper has signed with the company, which is a division of Hachette Book Group, to publish a memoir titled "Gone Till November".
"We are thrilled to be publishing Wayne's prison memoir," said executive editor Ben Greenberg. Dishing that it is based on the diaries Weezy kept while serving his term in New York City's Rikers Island in 2010, he added, "[Weezy] kept detailed journals of his inner and outer life while he was on Rikers Island, and they certainly tell a story. They are revealing."
"Gone Till November" is set to hit the shelves across the United States on November 28, and will offer details of the "Lollipop" rapper's thoughts and feelings, the people he met, his plans, his family, his children, his past and his future. It may also include the weeks he spent in solitary confinement for sneaking headphones and a charger for an MP3 player into his cell.
Weezy was sentenced to a year in prison in March 2010 after pleading guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon stemming from his 2007 arrest. The rapper, who has won four Grammy Awards and is nominated for five this year, got out of jail four months early because of good behavior.
More Lil Wayne News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof