Lil Wayne to Offer Firsthand Account of His Prison Stint in Memoir
A little more than a year after he was released from prison, Lil Wayne is ready to share details of his eight-month stint behind bars on a gun possession charge. On Thursday, January 12, Grand Central Publishing announced that the 29-year-old rapper has signed with the company, which is a division of Hachette Book Group, to publish a memoir titled "Gone Till November".
"We are thrilled to be publishing Wayne's prison memoir," said executive editor Ben Greenberg. Dishing that it is based on the diaries Weezy kept while serving his term in New York City's Rikers Island in 2010, he added, "[Weezy] kept detailed journals of his inner and outer life while he was on Rikers Island, and they certainly tell a story. They are revealing."
"Gone Till November" is set to hit the shelves across the United States on November 28, and will offer details of the "Lollipop" rapper's thoughts and feelings, the people he met, his plans, his family, his children, his past and his future. It may also include the weeks he spent in solitary confinement for sneaking headphones and a charger for an MP3 player into his cell.
Weezy was sentenced to a year in prison in March 2010 after pleading guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon stemming from his 2007 arrest. The rapper, who has won four Grammy Awards and is nominated for five this year, got out of jail four months early because of good behavior.
More Lil Wayne News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory