First Batch of 54th Grammy Awards Performers Announced
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Foo Fighters, Nicki Minaj, Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson are officially announced as performers at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. For Minaj and Aldean, this would their first time performing on the Grammys stage. Minaj was also the first artist announced as this year's performer.
Aldean and Clarkson, meanwhile, were announced as joint performers, most likely playing their duet "Don't You Wanna Stay" which is nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance. More performers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks leading to the February 12 ceremony.
There's a speculation that Adele is going to open the show, but since she recently got a throat surgery, it will depend on her doctor's permission. She reportedly is waiting until early next month to find out whether she is ready to sing in pubic again.
It is also yet known whether biggest nominee this year, Kanye West, will be part of the performers line-up. Traditionally, The Recording Academy would invite the person of the night to show off on the stage.
The Grammy Awards, which takes place in Los Angeles, will air live on CBS at 8 P.M. EST on February 12.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage