First Batch of 54th Grammy Awards Performers Announced
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Foo Fighters, Nicki Minaj, Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson are officially announced as performers at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. For Minaj and Aldean, this would their first time performing on the Grammys stage. Minaj was also the first artist announced as this year's performer.
Aldean and Clarkson, meanwhile, were announced as joint performers, most likely playing their duet "Don't You Wanna Stay" which is nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance. More performers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks leading to the February 12 ceremony.
There's a speculation that Adele is going to open the show, but since she recently got a throat surgery, it will depend on her doctor's permission. She reportedly is waiting until early next month to find out whether she is ready to sing in pubic again.
It is also yet known whether biggest nominee this year, Kanye West, will be part of the performers line-up. Traditionally, The Recording Academy would invite the person of the night to show off on the stage.
The Grammy Awards, which takes place in Los Angeles, will air live on CBS at 8 P.M. EST on February 12.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie