Jonathan Nolan Defends Bane's Mumbling Speech in 'The Dark Knight Rises'
While some fans have been complaining about Bane's muffling speech in "The Dark Knight Rises" prologue, screenwriter Jonathan Nolan sang praises to the actor playing the villain. Weighing in on the Bane controversy, the younger brother of director Christopher Nolan defended that Tom Hardy has done a "spectacular" work in bringing the character to live.
"I've gotta tell you, I think what Tom Hardy is doing with the role is spectacular," Jonah said while attending the Television Critics Association which was hosted by CBS. "I've had the benefit of seeing a little bit more than the audience has seen, at this point, and it's pretty spectacular."
Asked about his opinion on the aircraft sequence in the much talked about six-minute prologue, the 35-year-old writer shared, "It's an amazing team with my brother, David Goyer and myself. Those are two great guys to work with and brainstorm with. I think Chris had long wanted to do the aerial spectacular. It's such a good fit for the IMAX cameras that he likes to shoot with, and so that was a long time in the making."
The problem with Bane's voice first caught headlines when some fans started complaining about the character's indistinct speech in the prologue. Though Warner Bros. Pictures has reportedly asked Christopher to alter the voice, the director insisted that he would only change the sound slightly but not rework it completely.
"The Dark Knight Rises", which will open wide in the U.S. on July 20, is set eight years after the events in "The Dark Knight", with Bane now appearing as Batman's archenemy. Christian Bale reprises his role as the Caped Crusader, while Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman return as Alfred, James Gordon and Lucius Fox respectively. They are joined by Marion Cotillard, Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked