Nicki Minaj Confirmed to Perform at 2012 Grammy Awards
Nicki Minaj is officially tapped to make a live performance at the 54th annual Grammy Awards. This will mark her first-ever gig at the prestigious show which will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on February 12.
"Happy to welcome @nickiminaj as a first-time performer on our GRAMMY Awards stage on Feb. 12! #GRAMMYs," so read the note which was posted on the event's official Twitter. The message was quickly re-tweeted by the femcee.
Minaj receives at least three nominations this year. She is up for Best New Artist, facing off The Band Perry, Bon Iver, J. Cole and Skrillex. She's additionally vying for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album.
On top of that, she's featured in "2012 Grammy Nominees Album" which will come out in the United States on January 24. A portion of the album proceeds will benefit the MusiCares Foundation and the GRAMMY Foundation, two charitable organizations established by The Recording Academy.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass