'Avatar 2' to Be Pushed Back Until 2016, Producer Says
Movie lovers will likely not see "Avatar 2" hitting the theaters in the next two years. While the awaited film was originally expected to make its way out in 2014, producer Jon Landau revealed that the "Avatar" sequel may be pushed back until 2016.
According to Bleeding Cool, when attending the preview screening of several scenes from "Titanic" 3D on Wednesday, January 11, Landau stated that the "Avatar" sequel is still "four years away" from being released. Nonetheless, he promised that the forthcoming movie will showcase "advanced technology" that includes a higher rate of 3D camera system and the CG and performance capture.
Back in October 2010, 20th Century Fox announced to unleash "Avatar 2" in December 2014 and "Avatar 3" in December 2015. James Cameron has signed up to return to the director's seat and has planned to film the two sequels back-to-back.
"Avatar" was released in 2009 and was named the highest grossing movie of all time. Starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Michelle Rodriguez and Sigourney Weaver, the film is set in a spectacular new world where Worthington's Jake Sully embarks on a journey of redemption and discovery, as he leads a heroic war to save a civilization.
More Avatar 2 News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage