'Avatar 2' to Be Pushed Back Until 2016, Producer Says
Movie lovers will likely not see "Avatar 2" hitting the theaters in the next two years. While the awaited film was originally expected to make its way out in 2014, producer Jon Landau revealed that the "Avatar" sequel may be pushed back until 2016.
According to Bleeding Cool, when attending the preview screening of several scenes from "Titanic" 3D on Wednesday, January 11, Landau stated that the "Avatar" sequel is still "four years away" from being released. Nonetheless, he promised that the forthcoming movie will showcase "advanced technology" that includes a higher rate of 3D camera system and the CG and performance capture.
Back in October 2010, 20th Century Fox announced to unleash "Avatar 2" in December 2014 and "Avatar 3" in December 2015. James Cameron has signed up to return to the director's seat and has planned to film the two sequels back-to-back.
"Avatar" was released in 2009 and was named the highest grossing movie of all time. Starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Michelle Rodriguez and Sigourney Weaver, the film is set in a spectacular new world where Worthington's Jake Sully embarks on a journey of redemption and discovery, as he leads a heroic war to save a civilization.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri