'Avatar 2' to Be Pushed Back Until 2016, Producer Says
Movie lovers will likely not see "Avatar 2" hitting the theaters in the next two years. While the awaited film was originally expected to make its way out in 2014, producer Jon Landau revealed that the "Avatar" sequel may be pushed back until 2016.
According to Bleeding Cool, when attending the preview screening of several scenes from "Titanic" 3D on Wednesday, January 11, Landau stated that the "Avatar" sequel is still "four years away" from being released. Nonetheless, he promised that the forthcoming movie will showcase "advanced technology" that includes a higher rate of 3D camera system and the CG and performance capture.
Back in October 2010, 20th Century Fox announced to unleash "Avatar 2" in December 2014 and "Avatar 3" in December 2015. James Cameron has signed up to return to the director's seat and has planned to film the two sequels back-to-back.
"Avatar" was released in 2009 and was named the highest grossing movie of all time. Starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Michelle Rodriguez and Sigourney Weaver, the film is set in a spectacular new world where Worthington's Jake Sully embarks on a journey of redemption and discovery, as he leads a heroic war to save a civilization.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life