Ashton Kutcher Debuts Clean-Cut Look for 'Two and a Half Men'
Ashton Kutcher has got another makeover for his "Two and a Half Men" role. After growing his beard and hair to portray Walden Schmidt since early season 9, he has now shaved the facial hair and sported shorter do to meet the script demand.
"These guys wrote a screenplay that dictated I cut my hair and shaved my beard," Kutcher explained when debuting the new clean-cut look at the Television Critics Association Tour in Pasadena, California, on Wednesday, January 11. "Watch on Monday, it's a real good show," he went on teasing.
Also talking about Kutcher's new haircut, the show's producers said Walden changes his look due to his current romantic relationship. "It was great to have a lead character that didn't look like any any lead character on television," executive producer Chuck Lorre gushed about the internet billionaire character.
When asked about whether or not he will return next season, Kutcher elaborated, "The deal we structured was a test deal. The show is outperforming the numbers from before I was here. I think people are responding to it. For me, having a show that people like and want more of - that'll dictate my decision."
The estranged husband of Demi Moore went on sharing his plans, "I have a couple features I'm going to do in the summer. Right now, I'm looking at [the summer features] as a hiatus. I'm interested in coming back."
Echoing Kutcher's optimism about the show's renewal, Lorre claimed, "I think the ratings warrant it." He, however, added, "But CBS has not said anything to us about it, and there's Ashton, and [co-star Angus T. Jones] is about to go to college - there's a lot of things up in the air."
In another news, it was recently announced that Kutcher will serve as a presenter at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards which will take place on January 15. Other stars tapped to present the kudo at the Ricky Gervais-hosted ceremony are Jimmy Fallon, Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert Downey Jr., Jessica Biel, Mila Kunis, Jake Gyllenhaal, Nicole Kidman and Natalie Portman.
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image