Will Smith Is the Official Host of 2012 Kids' Choice Awards
Will Smith will take it from Jack Black this year to host Kids' Choice Awards. Announced on Wednesday, January 11, the "The Pursuit of Happyness" star will lead the 25th annual ceremony which is held March 31 in Los Angeles.
"How better to celebrate 25 years of Kids' Choice Awards than with the biggest movie star in the world?" said Marjorie Cohn, President, Original Programming and Development of Nickelodeon. "Will has enough KCA blimps at home to fill a room, having long been one of kids' favorites. He's a larger than life presence who knows how to play big and we're excited he'll be taking the stage for the biggest, loudest, messiest spectacle in the show's 25-year history."
Smith in return said in the press release, "The Kids' Choice Awards are always the year's liveliest, slimiest and most outrageous party for kids and teens. I'm honored they wanted me to host this year so I can have a front row seat to take part in the fun."
Last year, Black made the show the basic cable's top telecast for the week (March 28, 2011ľApril 3, 2011) with 7.3 million total viewers.
More Will Smith News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer