Will Smith Is the Official Host of 2012 Kids' Choice Awards
Will Smith will take it from Jack Black this year to host Kids' Choice Awards. Announced on Wednesday, January 11, the "The Pursuit of Happyness" star will lead the 25th annual ceremony which is held March 31 in Los Angeles.
"How better to celebrate 25 years of Kids' Choice Awards than with the biggest movie star in the world?" said Marjorie Cohn, President, Original Programming and Development of Nickelodeon. "Will has enough KCA blimps at home to fill a room, having long been one of kids' favorites. He's a larger than life presence who knows how to play big and we're excited he'll be taking the stage for the biggest, loudest, messiest spectacle in the show's 25-year history."
Smith in return said in the press release, "The Kids' Choice Awards are always the year's liveliest, slimiest and most outrageous party for kids and teens. I'm honored they wanted me to host this year so I can have a front row seat to take part in the fun."
Last year, Black made the show the basic cable's top telecast for the week (March 28, 2011ľApril 3, 2011) with 7.3 million total viewers.
More Will Smith News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal