Will Smith Is the Official Host of 2012 Kids' Choice Awards
Will Smith will take it from Jack Black this year to host Kids' Choice Awards. Announced on Wednesday, January 11, the "The Pursuit of Happyness" star will lead the 25th annual ceremony which is held March 31 in Los Angeles.
"How better to celebrate 25 years of Kids' Choice Awards than with the biggest movie star in the world?" said Marjorie Cohn, President, Original Programming and Development of Nickelodeon. "Will has enough KCA blimps at home to fill a room, having long been one of kids' favorites. He's a larger than life presence who knows how to play big and we're excited he'll be taking the stage for the biggest, loudest, messiest spectacle in the show's 25-year history."
Smith in return said in the press release, "The Kids' Choice Awards are always the year's liveliest, slimiest and most outrageous party for kids and teens. I'm honored they wanted me to host this year so I can have a front row seat to take part in the fun."
Last year, Black made the show the basic cable's top telecast for the week (March 28, 2011ľApril 3, 2011) with 7.3 million total viewers.
More Will Smith News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival