Frontman's Injury Forces Red Hot Chili Peppers to Postpone Tour
An injury got in the way of Red Hot Chili Peppers' plan to tour in the U.S. The band's frontman Anthony Kiedis suffered multiple foot injuries and is currently on the mend after a surgery.
The tour was supposed to kick off January 20 in Sunrise, Florida. The date has now been rescheduled to March 29 in Tampa Bay. "Red Hot Chili Peppers regret to announce that they must postpone the start of their upcoming U.S. tour due to multiple foot injuries sustained by Anthony Kiedis," the statement on their website said.
It continued, "Anthony recently underwent surgery to remove a crushed sesamoid bone and correct a detached flexor tendon in his foot and is expected to make a full recovery."
All 23 dates have been shifted and the new ones can be found on the band's official site. It now runs up to October with an April stop in Cleveland where they would be inducted to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Tickets for the postponed dates would be honored for the rescheduled ones.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture