Frontman's Injury Forces Red Hot Chili Peppers to Postpone Tour
An injury got in the way of Red Hot Chili Peppers' plan to tour in the U.S. The band's frontman Anthony Kiedis suffered multiple foot injuries and is currently on the mend after a surgery.
The tour was supposed to kick off January 20 in Sunrise, Florida. The date has now been rescheduled to March 29 in Tampa Bay. "Red Hot Chili Peppers regret to announce that they must postpone the start of their upcoming U.S. tour due to multiple foot injuries sustained by Anthony Kiedis," the statement on their website said.
It continued, "Anthony recently underwent surgery to remove a crushed sesamoid bone and correct a detached flexor tendon in his foot and is expected to make a full recovery."
All 23 dates have been shifted and the new ones can be found on the band's official site. It now runs up to October with an April stop in Cleveland where they would be inducted to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Tickets for the postponed dates would be honored for the rescheduled ones.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal