Frontman's Injury Forces Red Hot Chili Peppers to Postpone Tour
An injury got in the way of Red Hot Chili Peppers' plan to tour in the U.S. The band's frontman Anthony Kiedis suffered multiple foot injuries and is currently on the mend after a surgery.
The tour was supposed to kick off January 20 in Sunrise, Florida. The date has now been rescheduled to March 29 in Tampa Bay. "Red Hot Chili Peppers regret to announce that they must postpone the start of their upcoming U.S. tour due to multiple foot injuries sustained by Anthony Kiedis," the statement on their website said.
It continued, "Anthony recently underwent surgery to remove a crushed sesamoid bone and correct a detached flexor tendon in his foot and is expected to make a full recovery."
All 23 dates have been shifted and the new ones can be found on the band's official site. It now runs up to October with an April stop in Cleveland where they would be inducted to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Tickets for the postponed dates would be honored for the rescheduled ones.
More Red Hot Chili Peppers News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie