Photos: Gemma Arterton Shows Off Bloody Face on 'Byzantium' Set
Gemma Arterton has been snapped sporting a bloody face on the set of "Byzantium". The English actress was caught on camera showing off a face covered in blood while taking a break during the filming of the upcoming movie at a housing estate in Ballymun, Dublin on Tuesday, January 10.
The actress, who played Bond girl in "Quantum of Solace", was seen smoking a cigarette and enjoying a cup of coffee on a balcony in between breaks. She was not spotted wearing a full costume but was clad in a bathrobe.
Also spotted on the set was Saoirse Ronan who plays Arterton's on-screen daughter. She was photographed wearing denims and a red hooded jacket while chatting with some crew members and director Neil Jordan.
Adapted from Moira Buffini's play "A Vampire Story", "Byzantium" sees Arterton playing a mother vampire who turns her own daughter into a vampire. The pair then form a lethal partnership and sometimes pose as sisters.
Tackling the supporting role for the thriller are Sam Riley, Caleb Landry Jones and Daniel Mays. This film, which will mark Jordan's second vampire film after 1994's "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles", is expected to be released in the U.S. sometime in 2012.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama