Lindsay Lohan Slapped With a Lawsuit by Paparazzo as She Faces Tax Trouble
Lindsay Lohan continues to be plagued with troubles. While she's still serving community for her recent probation violation, the "Herbie: Fully Loaded" star stares down new legal and financial woes. She was slapped with a lawsuit by a paparazzo over a 2010 car accident and has a tax lien filed against her for failing to pay her income tax for 2009.
LiLo was sued by Grigor Balyan, who claimed he was left badly injured after he got hit by the car the actress was riding in when leaving a Hollywood club on January 10, 2010. Balyan's lawyer, Neil Steiner, explained to TMZ that the actress was being sued because the driver, who was also named as defendants along with management company Tri Star Sports and Entertainment, was driving the car at her direction.
According to Steiner, Balyan was medically treated for orthopedic and neurologic injuries because of the car accident. The lawyer also claimed to have tried to settle with LiLo's insurance company, but they only made "an insignificant offer" while Balyan seeks to get "reasonable compensation."
As for LiLo's taxing problem, TMZ reported that the IRS claimed the actress has never paid her 2009 income tax. According to official documents filed in Los Angeles, the Kimmie Keegan of "Ugly Betty" owes the government $93,701.57. If she failed to pay the debt, government officials can go after her property, including homes, cars and bank accounts.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered