Photos: 'Glee' Kids Rock Leather Jackets in Michael Jackson Tribute Episode
A sneak peek to "Glee" Michael Jackson tribute episode has been shared in a form of pictures. Channeling their inner King of Pop, the cast dress in flashy fedoras, leather jackets, sparkly rhinestone socks and gloves as well as the late singer's other iconic wardrobes.
In one picture taken from "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' " performance, Darren Criss' Blaine sports a black jacket and a red bow tie while taking the center stage. He shares the spotlight with Harry Shum Jr.'s Mike who is clad in a red leather jacket.
In addition to the stage, the New Directions kids will do some numbers from MJ's catalog in the choir room, the McKinley halls, and a parking lot. The girls will also be pitted against the boys from the Warblers in a dance-off.
Executive producer Ryan Murphy said they have the blessing from MJ's family in doing the posthumous tribute episode. "Michael's kids are somewhat fans of the show, so the estate was lovely," he told TV Guide. "In fact, they liked the writing so much that halfway through the planning they asked us to do another one about him next year."
The MJ tribute episode will air Tuesday, January 31 on FOX. Some other songs to be featured in the special outing include "Bad", "Smooth Criminal" and "Black and White".
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show