Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z Take Baby Daughter Home in Motorcade
Three days after they welcomed their first child together, Beyonce Knowles and husband Jay-Z checked out of Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. A hospital spokeswoman confirmed that the new parents took their baby girl home in the wee hours of Tuesday, January 10 morning, and eyewitness said that they departed in a motorcade of black SUVs.
According to the New York Daily News, two black SUVs were seen making a speedy exit from the upper East Side hospital's side gate, the E. 76th St. loading dock, at 1:30 A.M. They were followed by a van, which went the wrong way on the one-way 76th St. before heading north on Park Ave.
While it wasn't clear in which vehicle Queen Bey and her family were riding, one of the SUVs blocked traffic on Park Ave. so the van could move unobstructed. The other SUV, in the meantime, pulled in behind the van. One observer said that the procession was "very precise, very military-like," adding, "Immediately, security personnel began leaving the hospital."
Queen Bey gave birth to Blue Ivy Carter on Saturday, January 7. In a joint statement released on Monday, the R&B diva and her husband described their daughter's birth as "emotional and extremely peaceful." Saying they "are in heaven," they added, "We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support."
As soon as news of baby Blue's birth made headlines, rumors started to swirl that Queen Bey and her husband paid $1.3 million to have an entire floor to themselves and had intense security that kept other parents from seeing their own newborns. Lenox Hill Hospital has since issued a statement denying the speculations.
Queen Bey's sister, Solange Knowles, has also taken to Twitter to share what she has in mind over the matter. "We are supposed to be super human and watch people we love get slandered, lied on, and ridiculed. It is one of THE hardest things to accept," so she wrote on her account.
"In any other workplace...if someone directly tells your mother or sister is a liar and a fake ect...you would naturally express yourself," Solange continued to express her annoyance. "However, the pure happiness and joy I've witnessed and experienced helps me to keep my mouth shut."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13