Jeremy Renner's 'Hansel and Gretel' Movie Gets Pushed Back Nearly a Year
Moviegoers won't be seeing "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" in theaters this year. Paramount Pictures has confirmed that the release date for the Jeremy Renner-starring movie will be pushed back nearly a year from its original 2012 release. The fairy tale-adapted movie has been rescheduled to arrive in the U.S. theaters on January 11, 2013 after originally being slated to open on March 2 this year.
An insider told The Hollywood Reporter that the schedule shifting has to be done because Paramount wants time to distribute a 3D version of "Hansel and Gretel", particularly overseas. It is also said that delaying the release of this Tommy Wirkola-directed film will allow it to benefit from the exposure that Renner will earn from "The Avengers" and "The Bourne Legacy", which both will be released this year.
The forthcoming "Hansel and Gretel" movie is set fifteen years after the siblings killed the witch who kidnapped them. The two have now become bounty hunters who pursue witches. During an adventure, they encounter a corrupt town sherrif who becomes their new nemesis. Renner is cast to play Hansel, and Gemma Arterton is set to tackle his sister Gretel.
In addition to "Hansel and Gretel", Paramount has rescheduled the release date for several other movies. They include Eddie Murphy's new film "A Thousand Words" which moves from March 23 to April 20, and Jason Segel's comedy "Jeff Who Lives at Home" which moves from March 2 to March 16.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival