Rihanna Talks Competition: There's Nobody in My League
Rihanna, who has just been crowned as the best-selling digital artist of all time, doesn't feel threatened by competition. "There's nobody really in my league," she reasoned in an interview with Look magazine recently. "But there's competition everywhere. The whole music industry is competition."
Talking about being compared to Beyonce Knowles, she feels honored but doesn't think they are really alike. "There are people who like other artists, those who like me and others who like both. Beyonce is a great artist and I feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence, but we're different performers with different styles," she said.
When naming one female artist whom she looks up to, Riri mentions Madonna. The "We Found Love" hitmaker explained what's the thing about the "Hard Candy" singer that's really inspiring, "She reinvented her style and music with success every single time, and at the same time remained a real force. She's fantastic."
Riri recently received a black jeep Wrangler from Roc Nation as a gift. She posted a picture of her new car, which is wrapped in a big red bow, on her Twitter. She additionally quoted lyrics from Jay-Z's song "On to the Next One" in her tweet, "Foot out dat b***h, ride dat s**t like a skateboard!!! Thank u to my G'z at RocNation baby!"
More Rihanna News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie