Rihanna Talks Competition: There's Nobody in My League
Rihanna, who has just been crowned as the best-selling digital artist of all time, doesn't feel threatened by competition. "There's nobody really in my league," she reasoned in an interview with Look magazine recently. "But there's competition everywhere. The whole music industry is competition."
Talking about being compared to Beyonce Knowles, she feels honored but doesn't think they are really alike. "There are people who like other artists, those who like me and others who like both. Beyonce is a great artist and I feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence, but we're different performers with different styles," she said.
When naming one female artist whom she looks up to, Riri mentions Madonna. The "We Found Love" hitmaker explained what's the thing about the "Hard Candy" singer that's really inspiring, "She reinvented her style and music with success every single time, and at the same time remained a real force. She's fantastic."
Riri recently received a black jeep Wrangler from Roc Nation as a gift. She posted a picture of her new car, which is wrapped in a big red bow, on her Twitter. She additionally quoted lyrics from Jay-Z's song "On to the Next One" in her tweet, "Foot out dat b***h, ride dat s**t like a skateboard!!! Thank u to my G'z at RocNation baby!"
More Rihanna News
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC